not load image”
Go to the The Sims 3 Supernatural installation folder and look for the The Sims 3 Supernatural .exe file and run it directly from there, rather than using the shortcut or client link.
Problem #17 The Sims 3 Supernatural Crash Fix – The Sims 3 Supernatural Crashes on Intel HD Graphics Card
Simply do a clean uninstall and reinstall of your Intel Graphics Driver. Check our Technical References page for proper and official downloads.
Problem #18 The Sims 3 Supernatural Texture Fix – Bad Textures, Texture Breaks, Texture Glitch on gaming laptop
This is only for gaming laptops, but could work for some PCs. Note that this is an advanced solution, and only try this if other basic solutions such as disabling anti-aliasing and filtering failed for you. If your BIOS has the option, disable ‘Switchable Graphics’. This will remove your laptop PC’s ability to automatically switch between the onboard intel graphics card and the nVidia / ATI graphics chip, thus smoothening out gameplay.
Problem #19 The Sims 3 Supernatural Crash Fix – For Quad Core and Multi-Core PCs
If you’re on Quad Core, try this fix to address any crash issues:
- Start the game
- Alt+Tab Out of the game
- Open Task Manager
- Right click on The Sims 3 Supernatural.exe
- Set Affinity
- Select core 0 and 1 only. You need to run the game on two CPU’s basically, so to avoid the crash to desktop.
Problem #20 The Sims 3 Supernatural Controller Fix – Xbox 360 or Other Controller Doesn’t Work
There are two known possible solutions as of writing for this controller bug:
- Manually download and install any The Sims 3 Supernatural game patch from the official source instead rather than automatically updating via Steam or any similar game client.
- If you haven’t yet, go to your Windows Control Panel and ensure that the Xbox 360 Controller is enabled. Then, in-game, go to Options > Controls > Customize Controls (or similar menu path) and ensure that the proper controller is selected.
Problem #21 The Sims 3 Supernatural Graphics Fix – Cannot see main menu, Menu crashes, Dual monitor problems
A common problem when playing on multiple screens. For now, the solution is to unplug other monitors and play on single screen. If that doesn’t work, try playing in windowed mode.
Problem #22 The Sims 3 Supernatural Crash Fix – nVidia Optimus Crashes the Game
If you’re using a newer laptop that’s using an nVidia Optimus card, try checking your Optimus settings.
- Open the “nVidia Control Panel” from your start menu.
- On the lefthand side, under “Select a task…”
- Open the “3D Settings” tree, and select “Manage 3D Settings”
- On the righthand panel, click the “Program Settings” tab.
- Under “1. Select a program…”, click “Add”, navigate to your installation folder and navigate to the application / exe file.
- Under “2. Select the preferred graphics…”, choose “High-performance NVIDIA processor”
- Then (VERY IMPORTANT!) click “Apply” in the bottom right.
- Launch the game.
Problem #23 The Sims 3 Supernatural Launch Fix – Cannot launch the Game
A common fix is clicking on the The Sims 3 Supernatural exe file straight from the installation folder rather than from any launcher/client.
Problem #24 The Sims 3 Supernatural Sound / Audio Fix – No sound or weak sound
For Windows 7 and Vista users:
First of all, update your sound card drivers. If doing that doesn’t clear up the problem, make sure you have volume set to max for The Sims 3 Supernatural in the volume mixer (click on the little speaker icon in the bottom-right of your screen in the system tray). If you’re in-game, just alt+tab out of the game and check if The Sims 3 Supernatural is set to max in the volume mixer.
Another tip you could try is to go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Communications Tab then select the “Do Nothing” radio button to permanently fix this issue.
For Windows XP users:
Reduce hardware acceleration, or set your speakers to Stereo.
Problem #25 The Sims 3 Supernatural Mouse Fix – Reverse / weird mouse acceleration problem
To quickly fix this, try shutting off your mouse-specific software from Logitech, Microsoft, Razer, and the like. Also try a lower polling rate, sometimes this is switchable on the bottom-side of the gaming mouse.
Problem #26 The Sims 3 Supernatural FPS Fix – The Sims 3 Supernatural Lags, freezes, or has poor FPS performance
Try these possible solutions:
- Usually you can prevent The Sims 3 Supernatural from lagging or freezing by disabling vsync and antialiasing on the The Sims 3 Supernatural’s exe file via the AMD Vision Engine Control