- and run the game.
Problem #5 – The Sims 3 Supernatural Tip – How to redeem code / register The Sims 3 with Origin
- Go to http://activate.ea.com, and redeem your code.
- Go to https://www.thesims3.com/myAccount.html and click on Register a game to entitle the game to your account.
- The game should show up in Origins (just refresh if it doesn’t)
Problem #6 – The Sims 3 Supernatural Save Fix – Overheating PC for ATI users
PowerPlay needs to be disabled. Fortunately, the one good thing about the Catalyst Control Center is that it supports the notion of “profiles,” so we can create a profile to ENABLE powerplay (for when you’re doing non-3D work with your computer) and another to DISABLE powerplay (for when you’re playing 3D games). You simply must switch between them before and after you play.
Problem #7 The Sims 3 Supernatural – Cannot Install The Sims 3 Supernatural
Reinstall the game, but please ensure that you’ve fully uninstalled The Sims 3 Supernatural from your PC, before trying to install again. In some cases, you may have to manually delete the The Sims 3 Supernatural installation folder from the PC in case files remain after uninstalling.
Problem #8 The Sims 3 Supernatural Install Error: “The Sims 3 Supernatural Install Fails, Cannot Install”
This is a Microsoft C++ bug so the quick fix is to uninstall your C++ files. If you see 2 instances of Microsoft C++, uninstall both of them; and don’t worry, they are easy to reinstall. There are also a couple workarounds online if you don’t want to uninstall them.
Problem #9 The Sims 3 Supernatural Game Freeze Fix – Game Freezes during the Intro Video
If you’re using Steam, a quick solution is to verify the integrity of your Steam game cache to resolve the problem. If it persists, ensure that both your graphics drivers and DirectX are updated. Doing both will mostly reduce the occurrences of The Sims 3 Supernatural freezing.
Problem #10 The Sims 3 Supernatural Crash Fix – Game crashes when launching / upon launch
This is a typical DirectX problem. Just update to the latest DirectX version and voila. If that doesn’t work, reinstall DirectX completely.
Problem #11 The Sims 3 Supernatural DirectX Fix – Cannot Install Direct X / Stuck at Direct X Installation
More often than not, this has been caused by other software drivers such as those from Logitech, Razer, Microsoft, etc, which normally control other minor peripherals such as your webcam, special programs, and sometimes your mouse. Simply shut them off and disable them, and try updating/installing Direct X again.
Problem #12 The Sims 3 Supernatural Crash Fix – Possible Crash Fix for nVidia users only
Go to Nvidia control panel by right clicking the icon in the taskbar, then manage 3d settings and set ‘Threaded Optimization’ to on.
Problem #13 The Sims 3 Supernatural Crash Fix – Possible Crash Fix for ATI/AMD users only
Uninstall Catalyst Control Center (CCC) and try running The Sims 3 Supernatural again. For some reason, CCC may at times interfere with the performance of Radeon cards.
Problem #14 The Sims 3 Supernatural Crash Fix – Crash to Desktop upon Launch / Startup
If The Sims 3 Supernatural randomly crashes upon launching the game, ensure or try the following:
- Update your nVidia / ATI graphics drivers. Check our Technical References page for proper and official download links.
- Turn off SLI / Crossfire then start the game. See if it stabilizes The Sims 3 Supernatural performance.
- Turn off your anti-virus software before launching the The Sims 3 Supernatural, but make sure you turn it back on after playing. Make sure Windows Defender is also disabled.
- Try using only one GPU first (turn the other one off via your nVidia / ATI graphics control panel)
- Try running the game in Windowed Mode (frequently works for low-end PCs)
- Disable anti-aliasing and filtering, restart The Sims 3 Supernatural
- Disable V-sync, restart The Sims 3 Supernatural
- Disable background apps, and turn off your anti-virus software
- In Windows 7 right-click the The Sims 3 Supernatural exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition’
- Run through our list of general fixes, which will most likely resolve your The Sims 3 Supernatural crash problems
Problem #15 The Sims 3 Supernatural Crash Fix – The Sims 3 Supernatural Crashes right after pressing the ‘Play’ button
In Windows 7 go the The Sims 3 Supernatural installation folder, right-click the The Sims 3 Supernatural exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition.’ Then try running The Sims 3 Supernatural once more.