Fix all Rayman Origins PC crashes, errors, freezing, lagging, desktop crash, FPS issues, black screen, no sound, and more with our list of user-contributed solutions. At this lull time of the gaming industry, Rayman Origins is one to break the ice. The game is rated a 9/10 on the average across reputable review sites, so be sure to grab this instant classic. However you may encounter some some bugs, crashes, and glitches, and that’s why we’re here to help. Read on for possible fixes and solutions.
Fixing Rayman Origins PC Crashes, Errors, Freezing, Lagging, CTD, Poor FPS, Black screen, No Sound
First things first, make sure your PC system meets the minimum requirements for Rayman Origins PC. If you’re not sure of your PC specs, check this guide on how to check your PC specs.
Rayman Origins PC System Requirements (Source: Ubisoft)
- SUPPORTED OS: Windows® Vista / Windows® XP / Windows® 7 SP1
- PROCESSOR: 3 GHz Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon™ 3000 (Intel Core2Duo E4400 @ 2.00 GHz or AMD Athlon64X2 3800+ @ 2.00Ghz recommended)
- RAM: 1 GB Windows XP ; 1.5 GB Windows Vista / Windows 7 (2GB recommended)
- VIDEO CARD: 128 MB latest DirectX® – compliant (see supported list*)
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0-complaint sound card
- DIRECTX VERSION: latest DirectX® 9.0c (included on disc)
- DVD-ROM: 4x DVD-ROM
- HARD DISK: 2,5 GB
- PERIPHERALS: Windows-compliant keyboard and mouse, Xbox 360® Controller for Windows.
*SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS AT TIME OF RELEASE:
ATI® RADEON® : X600XT, X1300, HD2400, 3000/4000/5000/6000/7000 series
NVIDIA GeForce® : 6800/7300/8500/9400/220/430/520 series
Laptop models of these cards may work but are not supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game. Additional chipsets may be added at a later date.
In order to use gamepads to play the game please follow the next steps:
- Make sure the gamepad is connected to your PC and is properly installed before starting the game.
- In game in the main menu go to Options and in Control Options section bind the game actions
Rayman Origins PC Crash Fix and Fixes to Errors, Freezing, Lagging, CTD, Poor FPS, Black screen, No Sound
Problem #1 Rayman Origins PC Crash Fix – Crash to Desktop upon Launch / Startup
If Rayman Origins PC randomly crashes upon launching the game, ensure or try the following:
- Update your nVidia / ATI graphics drivers. Check our Technical References page for proper and official download links.
- Turn off SLI / Crossfire then start the game. See if it stabilizes Rayman Origins PC performance.
- Turn off your anti-virus software before launching the Rayman Origins PC, but make sure you turn it back on after playing. Make sure Windows Defender is also disabled.
- Try using only one GPU first (turn the other one off via your nVidia / ATI graphics control panel)
- Try running the game in Windowed Mode (frequently works for low-end PCs)
- Disable anti-aliasing and filtering, restart Rayman Origins PC
- Disable V-sync, restart Rayman Origins PC
- Disable background apps, and turn off your anti-virus software
- In Windows 7 right-click the Rayman Origins PC exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition’
- Run through our list of general fixes, which will most likely resolve your Rayman Origins PC crash problems
Problem #2 Rayman Origins PC Crash Fix – Rayman Origins PC Crashes right after pressing the ‘Play’ button
In Windows 7 go the Rayman Origins PC installation folder, right-click the Rayman Origins PC exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition.’ Then try running Rayman Origins PC once more.
Problem #3 Rayman Origins PC Launch Crash Fix – Rayman Origins PC “Could not load image”
Go to the Rayman Origins PC installation folder and look for the Rayman Origins PC .exe file and run it directly from there, rather than using the shortcut or client link.
Problem #4 Rayman Origins PC Crash Fix – Rayman Origins PC Crashes on Intel HD Graphics Card
Simply do a clean uninstall and reinstall of your Intel Graphics Driver. Check our Technical References page for proper and official downloads.
Problem #5 Rayman Origins PC Texture Fix – Bad Textures, Texture Breaks, Texture Glitch on gaming laptop
This is only for gaming laptops, but could work for