Valve has quickly released the very first patch for Portal 2 on the PC. Notable bug fixes listed in the patch notes are meant to address the error alert “unrecoverable black screen in elevator save” and also fixed the “GC memory leak” issues. They also included “support for English subtitles in Turkish builds” to improve localization of content. This patch may address some of the issues that were perhaps not addressed in this comprehensive hotfix list I made.
Here are complete patch notes for this first release:
- Fixed unrecoverable black screen in elevator save
- Fixed infinite loop on Mac OSX server
- Fixed Mac OSX font rendering and glyph corruption
- Fixed GC memory leak
- Various localization content improvements
- Support for English subtitles in Turkish builds
- Minor string/interface glitches
- Fixes for multiple crashes
- Improved detection and handling for various errors and/or crashes
- Activated UI to enable joystick in-game
If this patch doesn’t work out to fix the gamebreaking crashes and blackscreen crashes you are experiencing, be sure to check out the comprehensive hotfix list I made.