Fix all Mists of Pandaria crashes, errors, freezing, lagging, desktop crash, FPS issues, black screen, no sound, and more with this list of solutions. If you continue to experience crashes and game issues in Mists of Pandaria, we encourage you to post in the comments section.
Fixing Mists of Pandaria Crashes, Errors, Freezing, Lagging, CTD, Poor FPS, Black screen, No Sound
First things first, make sure your PC system meets the minimum requirements for Mists of Pandaria. If you’re not sure of your PC specs, check this guide on how to check your PC specs.
Mists of Pandaria Minimum System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows® XP/Vista/7 with latest service pack
- Processor: Intel® Pentium® D or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2
- Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® 6800 or ATI™ Radeon™ X1600 Pro (256 MB)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM (1 GB Windows XP)
- Storage: 25 GB available hard drive space
- Internet: Broadband internet connection
- Media: DVD-ROM drive required to install from disc
- Input: Keyboard and mouse required. Other input devices are not supported.
- Resolution: 1024 x 768 minimum display resolution
Mists of Pandaria Recommended System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit with latest service pack
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz, AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.6GHz or better
- Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, ATI Radeon HD 4830 (512 MB) or better
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Input: Multi-button mouse with scroll wheel
Mists of Pandaria Crash Fix and Fixes to Errors, Freezing, Lagging, CTD, Poor FPS, Black screen, No Sound
Problem #1 Mists of Pandaria Crash Fix – Crash to Desktop upon Launch / Startup
If Mists of Pandaria randomly crashes upon launching the game, ensure or try the following:
- Update your nVidia / ATI graphics drivers. Check our Technical References page for proper and official download links.
- Turn off SLI / Crossfire then start the game. See if it stabilizes Mists of Pandaria performance.
- Turn off your anti-virus software before launching the Mists of Pandaria, but make sure you turn it back on after playing. Make sure Windows Defender is also disabled.
- Try using only one GPU first (turn the other one off via your nVidia / ATI graphics control panel)
- Try running the game in Windowed Mode (frequently works for low-end PCs)
- Disable anti-aliasing and filtering, restart Mists of Pandaria
- Disable V-sync, restart Mists of Pandaria
- Disable background apps, and turn off your anti-virus software
- In Windows 7 right-click the Mists of Pandaria exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition’
- Run through our list of general fixes, which will most likely resolve your Mists of Pandaria crash problems
Problem #2 Mists of Pandaria Crash Fix – Mists of Pandaria Crashes right after pressing the ‘Play’ button
In Windows 7 go the Mists of Pandaria installation folder, right-click the Mists of Pandaria exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition.’ Then try running Mists of Pandaria once more.
Problem #3 Mists of Pandaria Launch Crash Fix – Mists of Pandaria “Could not load image”
Go to the Mists of Pandaria installation folder and look for the Mists of Pandaria .exe file and run it directly from there, rather than using the shortcut or client link.
Problem #4 Mists of Pandaria Crash Fix – Mists of Pandaria Crashes on Intel HD Graphics Card
Simply do a clean uninstall and reinstall of your Intel Graphics Driver. Check our Technical References page for proper and official downloads.
Problem #5 Mists of Pandaria Texture Fix – Bad Textures, Texture Breaks, Texture Glitch on gaming laptop
This is only for gaming laptops, but could work for some PCs. Note that this is an advanced solution, and only try this if other basic solutions such as disabling anti-aliasing and filtering failed for you. If your BIOS has the option, disable ‘Switchable Graphics’. This will remove your laptop PC’s ability to automatically switch between the onboard intel graphics card and the nVidia / ATI graphics chip, thus smoothening out gameplay.
Problem #6 Mists of Pandaria Crash Fix – For Quad Core and Multi-Core PCs
If you’re on Quad Core, try this fix to address any crash issues:
- Start the game
- Alt+Tab Out of the game
- Open Task