Fix all Hitman Sniper Challenge crash problems, errors, freezing, lagging, desktop crash, FPS issues, black screen, no sound, and more with this list of user-contributed solutions.
Fixing Hitman Sniper Challenge Crashes, Errors, Freezing, Lagging, CTD, Poor FPS, Black screen, No Sound
First things first, make sure your PC system meets the minimum requirements for Hitman Sniper Challenge. If you’re not sure of your PC specs, check this guide on how to check your PC specs.
Hitman Sniper Challenge Minimum System Requirements
- OS: Windows Vista/7
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.0 Ghz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
- Memory: 2 Gb
- Hard Drive: 1.6 Gb free
- Video Memory: 512 Mb
- Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD 3850
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
- DirectX: 10
Hitman Sniper Challenge Crash Fix and Error 41 Fixes, Freezing, FPS Lag, CTD, Black screen, No Sound
Problem #1 Hitman Sniper Challenge Fix for Error Code 41
Verify your game cache on Steam and try running the game. If that doesn’t work, restart Steam and/or your PC. Let us know in the comments if this works out for you.
Problem #2 Hitman Sniper Challenge Lag and Framerate Fixes
Disable all your connections to the Internet then play offline via Steam. Voila, no more FPS issues and lagging! You can thank us later.
Problem #3 Hitman Sniper Challenge Crash Fix – Crash to Desktop upon Launch / Startup
If Hitman Sniper Challenge randomly crashes upon launching the game, ensure or try the following:
- Update your nVidia / ATI graphics drivers. Check our Technical References page for proper and official download links.
- Turn off SLI / Crossfire then start the game. See if it stabilizes Hitman Sniper Challenge performance.
- Turn off your anti-virus software before launching the Hitman Sniper Challenge, but make sure you turn it back on after playing. Make sure Windows Defender is also disabled.
- Try using only one GPU first (turn the other one off via your nVidia / ATI graphics control panel)
- Try running the game in Windowed Mode (frequently works for low-end PCs)
- Disable anti-aliasing and filtering, restart Hitman Sniper Challenge
- Disable V-sync, restart Hitman Sniper Challenge
- Disable background apps, and turn off your anti-virus software
- In Windows 7 right-click the Hitman Sniper Challenge exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition’
- Run through our list of general fixes, which will most likely resolve your Hitman Sniper Challenge crash problems
Problem #4 Hitman Sniper Challenge Crash Fix – Hitman Sniper Challenge Crashes right after pressing the ‘Play’ button
In Windows 7 go the Hitman Sniper Challenge installation folder, right-click the Hitman Sniper Challenge exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition.’ Then try running Hitman Sniper Challenge once more.
Problem #5 Hitman Sniper Challenge Launch Crash Fix – Hitman Sniper Challenge “Could not load image”
Go to the Hitman Sniper Challenge installation folder and look for the Hitman Sniper Challenge .exe file and run it directly from there, rather than using the shortcut or client link.
Problem #6 Hitman Sniper Challenge Crash Fix – Hitman Sniper Challenge Crashes on Intel HD Graphics Card
Simply do a clean uninstall and reinstall of your Intel Graphics Driver. Check our Technical References page for proper and official downloads.
Problem #7 Hitman Sniper Challenge Texture Fix – Bad Textures, Texture Breaks, Texture Glitch on gaming laptop
This is only for gaming laptops, but could work for some PCs. Note that this is an advanced solution, and only try this if other basic solutions such as disabling anti-aliasing and filtering failed for you. If your BIOS has the option, disable ‘Switchable Graphics’. This will remove your laptop PC’s ability to automatically switch between the onboard intel graphics card and the nVidia / ATI graphics chip, thus smoothening out gameplay.
Problem #8 Hitman Sniper Challenge Crash Fix – For Quad Core and Multi-Core PCs
If you’re on Quad Core, try this fix to address any crash issues:
- Start the game
- Alt+Tab Out of the game
- Open Task Manager
- Right click on Hitman Sniper Challenge.exe
- Set Affinity