Follow this guide to get your full PC system specs. A lot of our readers and commenters have asked this question over and over again: How do I get the full list of specifications of my PC? How much RAM does my PC have? How powerful is my video card? Can I run this particular game with my PC specs? And so on, and so forth. If you’ve been reading our site for some time, you would notice that we post recommended or minimum PC system specs for each game to help you know whether your system could run that particular game first of all.
How to Check Your Full PC System Specs
So the question surfaces again, “how do I find out my actual PC specs to determine if I could run games?” Follow these simple steps:
- On your Windows PC, go to Start > Run or simply click WinKey + R to bring up the ‘Run’ window
- From there, type in “dxdiag” (without quotations)
- Hit “OK” or Enter and you will be shown this screen:
- From here you could see your full PC system specs as such…
- …And also deep dive into the details of your graphics/video and sound devices
This is an application by DirectX, normally built in Windows systems. As you all know, DirectX is software technology that lets us run modern games. You can download the latest version of DirectX using the proper link on our Technical References page.
There you go, I hope that clarifies how you could determine your full PC system specs on your Windows system. Happy gaming!