- Select the preferred graphics…”, choose “High-performance NVIDIA processor”
- Then (VERY IMPORTANT!) click “Apply” in the bottom right.
- Launch the game.
Problem #18 Ghost Recon Future Soldier Launch Fix – Cannot launch the Game
A common fix is clicking on the Ghost Recon Future Soldier exe file straight from the installation folder rather than from any launcher/client.
Problem #19 Ghost Recon Future Soldier Sound / Audio Fix – No sound or weak sound
For Windows 7 and Vista users:
First of all, update your sound card drivers. If doing that doesn’t clear up the problem, make sure you have volume set to max for Ghost Recon Future Soldier in the volume mixer (click on the little speaker icon in the bottom-right of your screen in the system tray). If you’re in-game, just alt+tab out of the game and check if Ghost Recon Future Soldier is set to max in the volume mixer.
Another tip you could try is to go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Communications Tab then select the “Do Nothing” radio button to permanently fix this issue.
For Windows XP users:
Reduce hardware acceleration, or set your speakers to Stereo.
Problem #20 Ghost Recon Future Soldier Mouse Fix – Reverse / weird mouse acceleration problem
To quickly fix this, try shutting off your mouse-specific software from Logitech, Microsoft, Razer, and the like. Also try a lower polling rate, sometimes this is switchable on the bottom-side of the gaming mouse.
Problem #21 Ghost Recon Future Soldier FPS Fix – Ghost Recon Future Soldier Lags, freezes, or has poor FPS performance
Try these possible solutions:
- Usually you can prevent Ghost Recon Future Soldier from lagging or freezing by disabling vsync and antialiasing on the Ghost Recon Future Soldier’s exe file via the AMD Vision Engine Control Center (AMD/ATI) or Nvidia Control Panel (nVidia)
- Alternatively you can stop Ghost Recon Future Soldier from lagging via your PC task manager. In Windows 7, press CTRL + ALT + DELETE and click on Task Manager, go to Processes, then right-click on Ghost Recon Future Soldier’s respective exe file and set priority above normal or higher. You must do this every time you play the game.
- In addition, your anti-virus may be the problem here. There are certain anti-virus software that are not ideal for gaming so, check our Technical References page for some suggestions.
- If you’re still using Windows XP, upgrade to Windows 7. Honestly, a lot of users have attested this to be the fastest solution they’ve tried.
- For more advanced users, try enabling/forcing tripple buffering and V-sync using the D3DOverrider software. Check our Technical References page to download D3DOverrirder / RivaTuner.
- Finally make sure that your Internet connection is stable. This is a commonly overlooked problem especially for online modes / multiplayer games.
Problem #22 Ghost Recon Future Soldier Crash Fix – Other possible causes of crashing
- Make sure you GPU is cool enough and not overheating. Ghost Recon Future Soldier may at times use heavy GPU, so make sure you have good airflow, and that your card is running quietly. Try lowering the resolution or changing quality settings. Symptoms of an overheated card include the following: random crashes, random ‘glitches’ , FPS drastically drops down to 2 or 3 FPS, freezing, and locking up during graphically intensive moments.
- Make sure you have a decent power supply. If you have a decent graphics card, you need a power supply that can run it. 350 watts may not be enough to consistently run Ghost Recon Future Soldier. A recommended power supply should have a minimum of 600 watts, with a direct connection to the GPU (no splitting and ‘sharing’ connections with other devices). Many times random crashes are due only to insufficient power supply.
Problem #23 Ghost Recon Future Soldier – Cannot Install Ghost Recon Future Soldier
Reinstall the game, but please ensure that you’ve fully uninstalled Ghost Recon Future Soldier from your PC, before trying to install again. In some cases, you may have to manually delete the Ghost Recon Future Soldier installation folder from the PC in case files remain after uninstalling.
Problem #24 Ghost Recon Future Soldier Crash Fix – For Quad Core and Multi-Core PCs
If you’re on Quad Core, try this fix to address any crash issues:
- Start the game
- Alt+Tab Out of the game
- Open Task Manager
- Right click on Ghost Recon Future Soldier.exe
- Set Affinity
- Select core 0 and 1 only. You need to run the game on two CPU’s basically, so to avoid the crash to desktop.