Welcome to my page for working crash fix solutions for From Dust. This game is certainly something to try out, an innovative “god game” that gives gamers one of the best sandbox experience. As usual it’s not without hitches, so here we are again to help you iron out those annoying crashes, errors, and bugs. Here we go:
First things first! Make sure your PC meets the minimum system requirements:
- Supported OS: Windows XP (SP3) / Windows Vista (SP2) / Windows 7 (SP1)
- Processor: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or 2.3 GHz AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+
- RAM: 1.5 GB (Windows XP) / 2 GB (Windows Vista/Windows 7)
- Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 9.0c-compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (*see supported list)
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0-compliant sound card
- DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
- Hard Drive Space: 4 GB
- Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller
- Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7 920 or 3.0 GHz AMD Phenom II X4 or better
- Video Card: 512 MB Geforce 9 or Radeon HD 4000 (*see supported list)
- Sound Card: 5.1 sound card
- Peripherals: Keyboard, mouse, joystick optional (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)
*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
- ATI RADEON HD 3000 / 4000 / 5000 / 6000 series
- NVIDIA GeForce 8800 / 9 / 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 series
- Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game.
Crossfire or SLI-equipped systems may run the game but are not supported. It is recommended to use a single card while playing From Dust.
From Dust Crash Fix and Fixes to Errors
Problem #1 From Dust Crash Fix: Flickering Sky/Environment
This is a problem caused by hardware limitations. Try setting your graphics to the lowest, including anti-aliasing and turn off vsync, better yet try this list of general fixes for games by yours truly.
Problem #2 From Dust Bug Fix: Mouse issues with dual screen / extended displays
There’s a minor hitch with the game where it seems that the fullscreen mode of From Dust is not “true full screen.” (Basically it’s just in a windows bigger than your screen) This causes instances where the placing and clicking your mouse on the edges causes some sort of freezing.
As a quick fix, try running / forcing the game into windowed mode.
Problem #3 From Dust Bug Fix: Mouse moves too much versus actual movement
This is a major bug the developers are trying to fix thru a patch. For now you can try manually turning down your mouse sensitivity (works well of you’re using a Razer/Logitech/Microsoft gaming mouse), or for now just use WASD to move around.
Problem #4 From Dust Bug Fix: Menu won’t appear
This persistent bugs for some users can be fixed just by running thru our list of general fixes. Good luck.
Problem #5 From Dust Connection Fix: Steam / Ubisoft Error: “A SERVICE IS UNAVAILABLE. Ubisoft services are unavailable at the moment. Please try again later.”
This is currently a (really) annoying DRM issue the developers are fixing. Upcoming patch should fix it, so just wait for now.
Problem #6 From Dust Crash Fix: Cannot get past logo / Crashes after logo (thanks to Cobopolies)
Go to add/remove programs(Programs and features) and uninstall Ubisoft Game launcher
Go to C:program files(86 if 64 bit OS) and remove the ubisoft folder(This will delete the logs and cache left over)
Now go to your From dust directory, (program