Fix all Syndicate crash errors, freezing, lagging, CTD, FPS issues, black screen, no sound, and more with this list of compiled user-tested solutions. Syndicate boasts of great FPS juice such as ammo counters on every weapon, one hit kill choreographic melee, great AI, and cool breach sequences. Syndicate, however, like any PC release these days comes with crash errors, and some lag issues. We’ve listed here some ways you could these problems. Let us know in the comments if you’re encountering crashes or errors not listed below.
Fixing Syndicate Crashes, Errors, Freezing, No Sound, Black screen, Lagging, CTD, Poor FPS
First things first, make sure your PC system meets the minimum requirements for Syndicate. If you’re not sure of your PC specs, check this guide on how to check your PC specs.
Syndicate System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7
- CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz or Athlon Dual Core
- RAM: 2 GB
- HDD: 8 GB free disk space
- Graphics: 512 MB Graphics Memory
- Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible
- DirectX: Version 9
Supported Graphics Cards for Syndicate:
- nVidia GeForce GT 240
- ATI Radeon HD 5570
Syndicate Crash Fix and Fixes to Errors, Freezing, Lagging, CTD, Poor FPS, Black screen, No Sound
Problem #1 Syndicate Crash Fix – Possible Crash Fix for nVidia users only
Go to Nvidia control panel by right clicking the icon in the taskbar, then manage 3d settings and set ‘Threaded Optimization’ to on.
Problem #2 Syndicate Crash Fix – Possible Crash Fix for ATI/AMD users only
Uninstall Catalyst Control Center (CCC) and try running Syndicate again. For some reason, CCC may at times interfere with the performance of Radeon cards.
Problem #3 Syndicate Graphics Fix – Cannot see main menu, Menu crashes, Dual monitor problems
A common problem when playing on multiple screens. For now, the solution is to unplug other monitors and play on single screen. If that doesn’t work, try playing in windowed mode.
Problem #4 Syndicate Crash Fix – nVidia Optimus Crashes the Game
If you’re using a newer laptop that’s using an nVidia Optimus card, try checking your Optimus settings.
- Open the “nVidia Control Panel” from your start menu.
- On the lefthand side, under “Select a task…”
- Open the “3D Settings” tree, and select “Manage 3D Settings”
- On the righthand panel, click the “Program Settings” tab.
- Under “1. Select a program…”, click “Add”, navigate to your installation folder and navigate to the application / exe file.
- Under “2. Select the preferred graphics…”, choose “High-performance NVIDIA processor”
- Then (VERY IMPORTANT!) click “Apply” in the bottom right.
- Launch the game.
Problem #5 Syndicate Launch Fix – Cannot launch the Game
A common fix is clicking on the Syndicate exe file straight from the installation folder rather than from any launcher/client.
Problem #6 Syndicate Sound / Audio Fix – No sound or weak sound
For Windows 7 and Vista users:
First of all, update your sound card drivers. If doing that doesn’t clear up the problem, make sure you have volume set to max for Syndicate in the volume mixer (click on the little speaker icon in the bottom-right of your screen in the system tray). If you’re in-game, just alt+tab out of the game and check if Syndicate is set to max in the volume mixer.
Another tip you could try is to go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Communications Tab then select the “Do Nothing” radio button to permanently fix this issue.
For Windows XP users:
Reduce hardware acceleration, or set your speakers to Stereo.
Problem #7 Syndicate Crash Fix – Crash to Desktop upon Launch / Startup
If you’re game randomly crashes upon launching the game, ensure or try the following:
- Update your nVidia / ATI graphics drivers. Check our Technical References page for proper and official download links.
- Turn off SLI / Crossfire then start the game. See if it stabilizes Syndicate performance.
- Turn off your anti-virus software before launching the Syndicate, but make sure you turn it back on after playing. Make sure Windows Defender is also disabled.
- Try using only one GPU first (turn the other one off via your nVidia / ATI graphics control
- Try running the game in Windowed Mode (frequently works for low-end PCs)
- Disable anti-aliasing and filtering, restart Syndicate
- Disable V-sync, restart Syndicate
- Disable background apps, and turn off your anti-virus software
- In Windows 7 right-click the Syndicate exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition’
- Run through our list of general fixes, which will most likely resolve your Syndicate crash problems
Problem #8 Syndicate Crash Fix – Syndicate Crashes right after pressing the ‘Play’ button
In Windows 7 go the Syndicate installation folder, right-click the Syndicate exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition.’ Then try running Syndicate once more.
Problem #9 Syndicate Launch Crash Fix – Syndicate “Could not load image”
Go to the Syndicate installation folder and look for the Syndicate .exe file and run it directly from there, rather than using the shortcut or client link.
Problem #10 Syndicate Crash Fix – Syndicate Crashes on Intel HD Graphics Card
Simply do a clean uninstall and reinstall of your Intel Graphics Driver. Check our Technical References page for proper and official downloads.
Problem #11 Syndicate Texture Fix – Bad Textures, Texture Breaks, Texture Glitch on gaming laptop
This is only for gaming laptops, but could work for some PCs. Note that this is an advanced solution, and only try this if other basic solutions such as disabling anti-aliasing and filtering failed for you. If your BIOS has the option, disable ‘Switchable Graphics’. This will remove your laptop PC’s ability to automatically switch between the onboard intel graphics card and the nVidia / ATI graphics chip, thus smoothening out gameplay.
Problem #12 Syndicate Crash Fix – For Quad Core and Multi-Core PCs
If you’re on Quad Core, try this fix to address any crash issues:
- Start the game
- Alt+Tab Out of the game
- Open Task Manager
- Right click on Syndicate.exe
- Set Affinity
- Select core 0 and 1 only. You need to run the game on two CPU’s basically, so to avoid the crash to desktop.
Problem #13 Syndicate Controller Fix – Xbox 360 or Other Controller Doesn’t Work
There are two known possible solutions as of writing for this controller bug:
- Manually download and install any Syndicate game patch from the official source instead rather than automatically updating via Steam or any similar game client.
- If you haven’t yet, go to your Windows Control Panel and ensure that the Xbox 360 Controller is enabled. Then, in-game, go to Options > Controls > Customize Controls (or similar menu path) and ensure that the proper controller is selected.
Problem #14 Syndicate Install Error: “Syndicate Install Fails, Cannot Install”
This is a Microsoft C++ bug so the quick fix is to uninstall your C++ files. If you see 2 instances of Microsoft C++, uninstall both of them; and don’t worry, they are easy to reinstall. There are also a couple workarounds online if you don’t want to uninstall them.
Problem #15 Syndicate Game Freeze Fix – Game Freezes during the Intro Video
If you’re using Steam, a quick solution is to verify the integrity of your Steam game cache to resolve the problem. If it persists, ensure that both your graphics drivers and DirectX are updated. Doing both will mostly reduce the occurrences of Syndicate freezing.
Problem #16 Syndicate Crash Fix – Game crashes when launching / upon launch
This is a typical DirectX problem. Just update to the latest DirectX version and voila. If that doesn’t work, reinstall DirectX completely.
Problem #17 Syndicate DirectX Fix – Cannot Install Direct X / Stuck at Direct X Installation
More often than not, this has been caused by other software drivers such as those from Logitech, Razer, Microsoft, etc, which normally control other minor peripherals such as your webcam, special programs, and sometimes your mouse. Simply shut them off and disable them, and try updating/installing Direct X again.
Problem #18 Syndicate Mouse Fix – Reverse / weird mouse acceleration problem
To quickly fix this, try shutting off your mouse-specific software from Logitech, Microsoft, Razer, and the like. Also try a lower polling rate, sometimes this is switchable on the bottom-side of the gaming mouse.
Problem #19 Syndicate FPS Fix – Syndicate Lags, freezes, or has poor FPS performance
Try these possible solutions:
- Usually you can prevent Syndicate from lagging or freezing by disabling vsync and antialiasing on the Syndicate’s exe file via the AMD Vision Engine Control Center (AMD/ATI) or Nvidia Control Panel (nVidia)
- Alternatively you can stop Syndicate from lagging via
- your PC task manager. In Windows 7, press CTRL + ALT + DELETE and click on Task Manager, go to Processes, then right-click on Syndicate’s respective exe file and set priority above normal or higher. You must do this every time you play the game.
- In addition, your anti-virus may be the problem here. There are certain anti-virus software that are not ideal for gaming so, check our Technical References page for some suggestions.
- If you’re still using Windows XP, upgrade to Windows 7. Honestly, a lot of users have attested this to be the fastest solution they’ve tried.
- For more advanced users, try enabling/forcing tripple buffering and V-sync using the D3DOverrider software. Check our Technical References page to download D3DOverrirder / RivaTuner.
- Finally make sure that your Internet connection is stable. This is a commonly overlooked problem especially for online modes / multiplayer games.
Problem #20 Syndicate Crash Fix – Other possible causes of crashing
- Make sure you GPU is cool enough and not overheating. Syndicate may at times use heavy GPU, so make sure you have good airflow, and that your card is running quietly. Try lowering the resolution or changing quality settings. Symptoms of an overheated card include the following: random crashes, random ‘glitches’ , FPS drastically drops down to 2 or 3 FPS, freezing, and locking up during graphically intensive moments.
- Make sure you have a decent power supply. If you have a decent graphics card, you need a power supply that can run it. 350 watts may not be enough to consistently run Syndicate. A recommended power supply should have a minimum of 600 watts, with a direct connection to the GPU (no splitting and ‘sharing’ connections with other devices). Many times random crashes are due only to insufficient power supply.
Problem #21 Syndicate – Cannot Install Syndicate
Reinstall the game, but please ensure that you’ve fully uninstalled Syndicate from your PC, before trying to install again. In some cases, you may have to manually delete the Syndicate installation folder from the PC in case files remain after uninstalling.
Problem #X Yours! Post your Syndicate game issues in the comments section below.
That’s all the Syndicate crash fixes we have for now, but we’ll post more as soon as we get more information — Let us know if you’re encountering other Syndicate problems and we can help you out by participating in the comments / forum section below.