Fix all Street Fighter X Tekken crashes, errors, freezing, lagging, character screen crash, connection issues, GFWL errors, FPS issues, black screen, no sound, and more with this list of user-contributed solutions. What’s more awesome than SF and Tekken? SF and Tekken combined, duh! This latest co-release by Capcom and Namco has certainly stirred up the fighter genre, however crashes, errors, and connection issues may stand in the way. We’ve compiled a list of working fixes for Street Fighter X Tekken here, so read on. If you encounter other crash problems, let us know in the comments.
Fixing Street Fighter X Tekken Crashes, Errors, Freezing, GFWL Error, Character Screen Crash, Cannot Connect, Black screen, No Sound
First things first, make sure your PC system meets the minimum requirements for Street Fighter X Tekken. If you’re not sure of your PC specs, check this guide on how to check your PC specs.
Street Fighter X Tekken Minimum System Requirements
- OS: Windows XP / Vista
- CPU: Intel Pentium4 2.0GHz
- RAM: 1 GB
- HDD: 10 GB free disk space
- Graphics: 256MB card with Shader3.0
- Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
Street Fighter X Tekken Recommended System Requirements
- OS: Windows XP / Vista
- CPU: Intel Core2Duo 2.0GHz
- RAM: 2 GB
- HDD: 10 GB free disk space
- Graphics: 512 MB card with Shader3.0
- Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
Street Fighter X Tekken Crash Fix and Fixes to Errors, Freezing, GFWL Error, Character Screen Crash, Cannot Connect, Black screen, No Sound
Problem #1 Street Fighter X Tekken Crash Fix – Street Fighter X Tekken Crashes when starting game
One quick and effective fix is to make sure your “Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant” set to Automatic and it is running. Doing this will fix the crash issue right after starting the game.
Problem #2 Street Fighter X Tekken Crash Fix – Street Fighter X Tekken Crashes while in Character Selection Screen
Try this. Turn down all the graphics except left the stage quality to High, and leave V-Sync set to on. Everything else low or off and texture filtering set to Default. If that doesn’t work, set everything to low and try again.
Problem #3 Street Fighter X Tekken Connection Fix – Street Fighter X Tekken Cannot connect with friends / other players
You should forward these ports on your router:
- TCP & UDP 80
- UDP 88
- UDP & TCP 3074
- UDP & TCP 53
- TCP 443
Problem #4 Street Fighter X Tekken Crash Fix – Crash to Desktop upon Launch / Startup
If you’re game randomly crashes upon launching the game, ensure or try the following:
- Update your nVidia / ATI graphics drivers. Check our Technical References page for proper and official download links.
- Turn off SLI / Crossfire then start the game. See if it stabilizes Street Fighter X Tekken performance.
- Turn off your anti-virus software before launching the Street Fighter X Tekken, but make sure you turn it back on after playing. Make sure Windows Defender is also disabled.
- Try using only one GPU first (turn the other one off via your nVidia / ATI graphics control panel)
- Try running the game in Windowed Mode (frequently works for low-end PCs)
- Disable anti-aliasing and filtering, restart Street Fighter X Tekken
- Disable V-sync, restart Street Fighter X Tekken
- Disable background apps, and turn off your anti-virus software
- In Windows 7 right-click the Street Fighter X Tekken exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition’
- Run through our list of general fixes, which will most likely resolve your Street Fighter X Tekken crash problems
Problem #5 Street Fighter X Tekken Crash Fix – Street Fighter X Tekken Crashes right after pressing the ‘Play’ button
In Windows 7 go the Street Fighter X Tekken installation folder, right-click the Street Fighter X Tekken exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition.’ Then try running Street Fighter X Tekken once more.
Problem #6 Street Fighter X Tekken Launch Crash Fix – Street Fighter X Tekken “Could not load image”
Go to the Street Fighter X Tekken
installation folder and look for the Street Fighter X Tekken .exe file and run it directly from there, rather than using the shortcut or client link.
Problem #7 Street Fighter X Tekken Crash Fix – Street Fighter X Tekken Crashes on Intel HD Graphics Card
Simply do a clean uninstall and reinstall of your Intel Graphics Driver. Check our Technical References page for proper and official downloads.
Problem #8 Street Fighter X Tekken Texture Fix – Bad Textures, Texture Breaks, Texture Glitch on gaming laptop
This is only for gaming laptops, but could work for some PCs. Note that this is an advanced solution, and only try this if other basic solutions such as disabling anti-aliasing and filtering failed for you. If your BIOS has the option, disable ‘Switchable Graphics’. This will remove your laptop PC’s ability to automatically switch between the onboard intel graphics card and the nVidia / ATI graphics chip, thus smoothening out gameplay.
Problem #9 Street Fighter X Tekken Crash Fix – For Quad Core and Multi-Core PCs
If you’re on Quad Core, try this fix to address any crash issues:
- Start the game
- Alt+Tab Out of the game
- Open Task Manager
- Right click on Street Fighter X Tekken.exe
- Set Affinity
- Select core 0 and 1 only. You need to run the game on two CPU’s basically, so to avoid the crash to desktop.
Problem #10 Street Fighter X Tekken Controller Fix – Xbox 360 or Other Controller Doesn’t Work
There are two known possible solutions as of writing for this controller bug:
- Manually download and install any Street Fighter X Tekken game patch from the official source instead rather than automatically updating via Steam or any similar game client.
- If you haven’t yet, go to your Windows Control Panel and ensure that the Xbox 360 Controller is enabled. Then, in-game, go to Options > Controls > Customize Controls (or similar menu path) and ensure that the proper controller is selected.
Problem #11 Street Fighter X Tekken Install Error: “Street Fighter X Tekken Install Fails, Cannot Install”
This is a Microsoft C++ bug so the quick fix is to uninstall your C++ files. If you see 2 instances of Microsoft C++, uninstall both of them; and don’t worry, they are easy to reinstall. There are also a couple workarounds online if you don’t want to uninstall them.
Problem #12 Street Fighter X Tekken Game Freeze Fix – Game Freezes during the Intro Video
If you’re using Steam, a quick solution is to verify the integrity of your Steam game cache to resolve the problem. If it persists, ensure that both your graphics drivers and DirectX are updated. Doing both will mostly reduce the occurrences of Street Fighter X Tekken freezing.
Problem #13 Street Fighter X Tekken Crash Fix – Game crashes when launching / upon launch
This is a typical DirectX problem. Just update to the latest DirectX version and voila. If that doesn’t work, reinstall DirectX completely.
Problem #14 Street Fighter X Tekken DirectX Fix – Cannot Install Direct X / Stuck at Direct X Installation
More often than not, this has been caused by other software drivers such as those from Logitech, Razer, Microsoft, etc, which normally control other minor peripherals such as your webcam, special programs, and sometimes your mouse. Simply shut them off and disable them, and try updating/installing Direct X again.
Problem #15 Street Fighter X Tekken Crash Fix – Possible Crash Fix for nVidia users only
Go to Nvidia control panel by right clicking the icon in the taskbar, then manage 3d settings and set ‘Threaded Optimization’ to on.
Problem #16 Street Fighter X Tekken Crash Fix – Possible Crash Fix for ATI/AMD users only
Uninstall Catalyst Control Center (CCC) and try running Street Fighter X Tekken again. For some reason, CCC may at times interfere with the performance of Radeon cards.
Problem #17 Street Fighter X Tekken Graphics Fix – Cannot see main menu, Menu crashes, Dual monitor problems
A common problem when playing on multiple screens. For now, the solution is to unplug other monitors and play on single screen. If that doesn’t work, try playing in windowed mode.
Problem #18 Street Fighter X Tekken Crash Fix – nVidia Optimus Crashes the Game
If you’re using a newer laptop that’s using an nVidia Optimus card, try checking your Optimus settings.
- Open the “nVidia Control Panel” from your start menu.
- On the lefthand side, under “Select a task…”
- Open the “3D Settings” tree, and select “Manage 3D Settings”
- On the righthand panel, click the “Program Settings” tab.
- Under “1. Select a program…”, click “Add”, navigate to your installation folder and navigate to the application / exe file.
- Under “2. Select the
- preferred graphics…”, choose “High-performance NVIDIA processor”
- Then (VERY IMPORTANT!) click “Apply” in the bottom right.
- Launch the game.
Problem #19 Street Fighter X Tekken Launch Fix – Cannot launch the Game
A common fix is clicking on the Street Fighter X Tekken exe file straight from the installation folder rather than from any launcher/client.
Problem #20 Street Fighter X Tekken Sound / Audio Fix – No sound or weak sound
For Windows 7 and Vista users:
First of all, update your sound card drivers. If doing that doesn’t clear up the problem, make sure you have volume set to max for Street Fighter X Tekken in the volume mixer (click on the little speaker icon in the bottom-right of your screen in the system tray). If you’re in-game, just alt+tab out of the game and check if Street Fighter X Tekken is set to max in the volume mixer.
Another tip you could try is to go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Communications Tab then select the “Do Nothing” radio button to permanently fix this issue.
For Windows XP users:
Reduce hardware acceleration, or set your speakers to Stereo.
Problem #21 Street Fighter X Tekken Mouse Fix – Reverse / weird mouse acceleration problem
To quickly fix this, try shutting off your mouse-specific software from Logitech, Microsoft, Razer, and the like. Also try a lower polling rate, sometimes this is switchable on the bottom-side of the gaming mouse.
Problem #22 Street Fighter X Tekken FPS Fix – Street Fighter X Tekken Lags, freezes, or has poor FPS performance
Try these possible solutions:
- Usually you can prevent Street Fighter X Tekken from lagging or freezing by disabling vsync and antialiasing on the Street Fighter X Tekken’s exe file via the AMD Vision Engine Control Center (AMD/ATI) or Nvidia Control Panel (nVidia)
- Alternatively you can stop Street Fighter X Tekken from lagging via your PC task manager. In Windows 7, press CTRL + ALT + DELETE and click on Task Manager, go to Processes, then right-click on Street Fighter X Tekken’s respective exe file and set priority above normal or higher. You must do this every time you play the game.
- In addition, your anti-virus may be the problem here. There are certain anti-virus software that are not ideal for gaming so, check our Technical References page for some suggestions.
- If you’re still using Windows XP, upgrade to Windows 7. Honestly, a lot of users have attested this to be the fastest solution they’ve tried.
- For more advanced users, try enabling/forcing tripple buffering and V-sync using the D3DOverrider software. Check our Technical References page to download D3DOverrirder / RivaTuner.
- Finally make sure that your Internet connection is stable. This is a commonly overlooked problem especially for online modes / multiplayer games.
Problem #23 Street Fighter X Tekken Crash Fix – Other possible causes of crashing
- Make sure you GPU is cool enough and not overheating. Street Fighter X Tekken may at times use heavy GPU, so make sure you have good airflow, and that your card is running quietly. Try lowering the resolution or changing quality settings. Symptoms of an overheated card include the following: random crashes, random ‘glitches’ , FPS drastically drops down to 2 or 3 FPS, freezing, and locking up during graphically intensive moments.
- Make sure you have a decent power supply. If you have a decent graphics card, you need a power supply that can run it. 350 watts may not be enough to consistently run Street Fighter X Tekken. A recommended power supply should have a minimum of 600 watts, with a direct connection to the GPU (no splitting and ‘sharing’ connections with other devices). Many times random crashes are due only to insufficient power supply.
Problem #24 Street Fighter X Tekken – Cannot Install Street Fighter X Tekken
Reinstall the game, but please ensure that you’ve fully uninstalled Street Fighter X Tekken from your PC, before trying to install again. In some cases, you may have to manually delete the Street Fighter X Tekken installation folder from the PC in case files remain after uninstalling.
Problem #X Yours! Post your Street Fighter X Tekken game issues in the comments section below.
That’s all the Street Fighter X Tekken crash fixes we have for now, but we’ll post more as soon as we get more information — Let us know if you’re encountering other Street Fighter X Tekken problems and we can help you out by participating in the comments / forum section below.