Fix all Primal Carnage crashes, errors, freezing, lagging, desktop crash, FPS issues, black screen, no sound, and more with this list of solutions. If you continue to experience crashes and game issues in Primal Carnage, we encourage you to post in the comments section.
Fixing Primal Carnage Crashes, Errors, Freezing, Lagging, CTD, Poor FPS, Black screen, No Sound
First things first, make sure your PC system meets the minimum requirements for Primal Carnage. If you’re not sure of your PC specs, check this guide on how to check your PC specs.
Primal Carnage Crash Fix and Fixes to Errors, Freezing, Lagging, CTD, Poor FPS, Black screen, No Sound
Problem #1 Primal Carnage Crash Fix – Crash to Desktop upon Launch / Startup
If Primal Carnage randomly crashes upon launching the game, ensure or try the following:
- Update your nVidia / ATI graphics drivers. Check our Technical References page for proper and official download links.
- Turn off SLI / Crossfire then start the game. See if it stabilizes Primal Carnage performance.
- Turn off your anti-virus software before launching the Primal Carnage, but make sure you turn it back on after playing. Make sure Windows Defender is also disabled.
- Try using only one GPU first (turn the other one off via your nVidia / ATI graphics control panel)
- Try running the game in Windowed Mode (frequently works for low-end PCs)
- Disable anti-aliasing and filtering, restart Primal Carnage
- Disable V-sync, restart Primal Carnage
- Disable background apps, and turn off your anti-virus software
- In Windows 7 right-click the Primal Carnage exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition’
- Run through our list of general fixes, which will most likely resolve your Primal Carnage crash problems
Problem #2 Primal Carnage Crash Fix – Primal Carnage Crashes right after pressing the ‘Play’ button
In Windows 7 go the Primal Carnage installation folder, right-click the Primal Carnage exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition.’ Then try running Primal Carnage once more.
Problem #3 Primal Carnage Launch Crash Fix – Primal Carnage “Could not load image”
Go to the Primal Carnage installation folder and look for the Primal Carnage .exe file and run it directly from there, rather than using the shortcut or client link.
Problem #4 Primal Carnage Crash Fix – Primal Carnage Crashes on Intel HD Graphics Card
Simply do a clean uninstall and reinstall of your Intel Graphics Driver. Check our Technical References page for proper and official downloads.
Problem #5 Primal Carnage Texture Fix – Bad Textures, Texture Breaks, Texture Glitch on gaming laptop
This is only for gaming laptops, but could work for some PCs. Note that this is an advanced solution, and only try this if other basic solutions such as disabling anti-aliasing and filtering failed for you. If your BIOS has the option, disable ‘Switchable Graphics’. This will remove your laptop PC’s ability to automatically switch between the onboard intel graphics card and the nVidia / ATI graphics chip, thus smoothening out gameplay.
Problem #6 Primal Carnage Crash Fix – For Quad Core and Multi-Core PCs
If you’re on Quad Core, try this fix to address any crash issues:
- Start the game
- Alt+Tab Out of the game
- Open Task Manager
- Right click on Primal Carnage.exe
- Set Affinity
- Select core 0 and 1 only. You need to run the game on two CPU’s basically, so to avoid the crash to desktop.
Problem #7 Primal Carnage Controller Fix – Xbox 360 or Other Controller Doesn’t Work
There are two known possible solutions as of writing for this controller bug:
- Manually download and install any Primal Carnage game patch from the official source instead rather than automatically updating via Steam or any similar game client.
- If you haven’t yet, go to your Windows Control Panel and ensure that the Xbox 360 Controller is enabled. Then, in-game, go to Options > Controls > Customize Controls (or similar menu path) and ensure that the proper controller is selected.
Problem #8 Primal Carnage Install Error: “Primal Carnage Install Fails, Cannot Install”
This is a Microsoft C++ bug so the quick fix is to uninstall your C++ files. If you see 2 instances of Microsoft C++, uninstall both of them;