Fix all PoxNora crash errors with this list of working solutions. Poxnora is a collectible, turn-based, tactical, online fantasy game that’s currently making waves in Steam because its Free-to-Play (F2P) status, not withstanding its fun gameplay. Add to that the fact that it’s latest expansion pack, “Wild Alliance” is pretty noteworthy too. The tournaments are also quite competitive, which I think keeps the fun rolling. Anyway, despite these merits, PoxNora suffers from crashes and errors that can really ruin your game time. So to help you out, we’ve organized a list of PoxNora fixes for you. Read on!
Fixing PoxNora Crashes, Errors, Freezing, Lagging, CTD, Poor FPS, Black screen, No Sound
First things first, make sure your PC system meets the minimum requirements for PoxNora. If you’re not sure of your PC specs, check this guide on how to check your PC specs.
PoxNora System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7/ Vista/XP
- Processor: 500 MHz
- Memory: 512mb RAM
- Hard Disk Space: • 220MB Free Hard drive space
- Video Card: Nvidia or ATi Video Card with 64mb (minimum), 128mb (preferred) VRAM with current video drivers.
PoxNora Crash Fix and Fixes to Errors, Freezing, Lagging, CTD, Poor FPS, Black screen, No Sound
Problem #1 PoxNora Crash Fix – Crash to Desktop upon Launch / Startup
If you’re game randomly crashes upon launching the game, ensure or try the following:
- Update your nVidia / ATI graphics drivers. Check our Technical References page for proper and official download links.
- Turn off SLI / Crossfire then start the game. See if it stabilizes game performance.
- Turn off your anti-virus software before launching the game, but make sure you turn it back on after playing. Make sure Windows Defender is also disabled.
- Try using only one GPU first (turn the other one off via your nVidia / ATI graphics control panel)
- Try running the game in Windowed Mode (frequently works for low-end PCs)
- Disable anti-aliasing and filtering
- Disable V-sync
- Disable background apps, and turn off your anti-virus software
- In Windows 7 right-click the PoxNora exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition’
- Run through our list of general fixes, which will most likely resolve your problems
Problem #2 PoxNora Crash Fix – PoxNora Crashes on Intel HD Graphics Card
Simply do a clean uninstall and reinstall of your Intel Graphics Driver. Check our Technical References page for proper and official downloads.
Problem #3 PoxNora Texture Fix – Bad Textures, Texture Breaks, Texture Glitch on gaming laptop
This is only for gaming laptops, but could work for some PCs. Note that this is an advanced solution, and only try this if other basic solutions such as disabling anti-aliasing and filtering failed for you. If your BIOS has the option, disable ‘Switchable Graphics’. This will remove your laptop PC’s ability to automatically switch between the onboard intel graphics card and the nVidia / ATI graphics chip, thus smoothening out gameplay.
Problem #4 PoxNora Crash Fix – For Quad Core and Multi-Core PCs
If you’re on Quad Core, try this fix to address any crash issues:
- Start the game
- Alt+Tab Out of the game
- Open Task Manager
- Right click on PoxNora.exe
- Set Affinity
- Select core 0 and 1 only. You need to run the game on two CPU’s basically, so to avoid the crash to desktop.
Problem #5 PoxNora Controller Fix – Xbox 360 or Other Controller Doesn’t Work
There are two known possible solutions as of writing for this controller bug:
- Manually download and install any PoxNora game patch from the official source instead rather than automatically updating via Steam or any similar game client.
- If you haven’t yet, go to your Windows Control Panel and ensure that the Xbox 360 Controller is enabled. Then, in-game, go to Options > Controls > Customize Controls (or similar menu path) and ensure that the proper controller is selected.
Problem #6 PoxNora Install Error: “PoxNora Install Fails, Cannot Install”
This is a Microsoft C++ bug so the quick fix is to uninstall your C++ files. If you see 2 instances of Microsoft C++, uninstall both of them; and don’t worry, they are easy to reinstall. There are also a couple workarounds online if you don’t want to uninstall them.
Problem #7 PoxNora Game Freeze Fix – Game Freezes during
the Intro Video
If you’re using Steam, a quick solution is to verify the integrity of your Steam game cache to resolve the problem. If it persists, ensure that both your graphics drivers and DirectX are updated. Doing both will mostly reduce the occurrences of PoxNora freezing.
Problem #8 PoxNora Crash Fix – Game crashes when launching / upon launch
This is a typical DirectX problem. Just update to the latest DirectX version and voila. If that doesn’t work, reinstall DirectX completely.
Problem #9 PoxNora DirectX Fix – Cannot Install Direct X / Stuck at Direct X Installation
More often than not, this has been caused by other software drivers such as those from Logitech, Razer, Microsoft, etc, which normally control other minor peripherals such as your webcam, special programs, and sometimes your mouse. Simply shut them off and disable them, and try updating/installing Direct X again.
Problem #10 PoxNora Crash Fix – Possible Crash Fix for nVidia users only
Go to Nvidia control panel by right clicking the icon in the taskbar, then manage 3d settings and set ‘Threaded Optimization’ to on.
Problem #11 PoxNora Graphics Fix – Cannot see main menu, Menu crashes, Dual monitor problems
A common problem when playing on multiple screens. For now, the solution is to unplug other monitors and play on single screen. If that doesn’t work, try playing in windowed mode.
Problem #12 PoxNora Crash Fix – nVidia Optimus Crashes the Game
If you’re using a newer laptop that’s using an nVidia Optimus card, try checking your Optimus settings.
- Open the “nVidia Control Panel” from your start menu.
- On the lefthand side, under “Select a task…”
- Open the “3D Settings” tree, and select “Manage 3D Settings”
- On the righthand panel, click the “Program Settings” tab.
- Under “1. Select a program…”, click “Add”, navigate to your installation folder and navigate to the application / exe file.
- Under “2. Select the preferred graphics…”, choose “High-performance NVIDIA processor”
- Then (VERY IMPORTANT!) click “Apply” in the bottom right.
- Launch the game.
Problem #13 PoxNora Launch Fix – Cannot launch the Game
A common fix is clicking on the PoxNora exe file straight from the installation folder rather than from any launcher/client.
Problem #14 PoxNora Sound / Audio Fix – No sound or weak sound
For Windows 7 and Vista users:
First of all, update your sound card drivers. If doing that doesn’t clear up the problem, make sure you have volume set to max for PoxNora in the volume mixer (click on the little speaker icon in the bottom-right of your screen in the system tray). If you’re in-game, just alt+tab out of the game and check if PoxNora is set to max in the volume mixer.
Another tip you could try is to go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Communications Tab then select the “Do Nothing” radio button to permanently fix this issue.
For Windows XP users:
Reduce hardware acceleration, or set your speakers to Stereo.
Problem #15 PoxNora Mouse Fix – Reverse / weird mouse acceleration problem
To quickly fix this, try shutting off your mouse-specific software from Logitech, Microsoft, Razer, and the like. Also try a lower polling rate, sometimes this is switchable on the bottom-side of the gaming mouse.
Problem #16 PoxNora FPS Fix – PoxNora Lags, freezes, or has poor FPS performance
Try these possible solutions:
- Usually you can prevent PoxNora from lagging or freezing by disabling vsync and antialiasing on the PoxNora’s exe file via the AMD Vision Engine Control Center (AMD/ATI) or Nvidia Control Panel (nVidia)
- Alternatively you can stop PoxNora from lagging via your PC task manager. In Windows 7, press CTRL + ALT + DELETE and click on Task Manager, go to Processes, then right-click on PoxNora’s respective exe file and set priority above normal or higher. You must do this every time you play the game.
- In addition, your anti-virus may be the problem here. There are certain anti-virus software that are not ideal for gaming so, check our Technical References page for some suggestions.
- For more advanced users, try enabling/forcing tripple buffering and vsync using the D3DOverrider software. Check our Technical References page to download D3DOverrirder / RivaTuner.
- Finally make sure that your Internet connection is stable. This is a commonly overlooked problem especially for online modes / multiplayer games.
If the above still do not cut it out for you, check out our tips on reducing lag.
Problem #17 PoxNora – Cannot Install PoxNora
Reinstall the game, but please ensure that you’ve fully uninstalled PoxNora from your PC, before trying to install again. In
some cases, you may have to manually delete the PoxNora installation folder from the PC in case files remain after uninstalling.
Problem #X Yours! Post your PoxNora game issues in the comments section below.
That’s all the PoxNora crash fixes we have for now, but we’ll post more as soon as we get more information — Let us know if you’re encountering other PoxNora problems and we can help you out by participating in the comments / forum section below.