Fix all PoxNora crash errors with this list of working solutions. Poxnora is a collectible, turn-based, tactical, online fantasy game that’s currently making waves in Steam because its Free-to-Play (F2P) status, not withstanding its fun gameplay. Add to that the fact that it’s latest expansion pack, “Wild Alliance” is pretty noteworthy too. The tournaments are also quite competitive, which I think keeps the fun rolling. Anyway, despite these merits, PoxNora suffers from crashes and errors that can really ruin your game time. So to help you out, we’ve organized a list of PoxNora fixes for you. Read on!
Fixing PoxNora Crashes, Errors, Freezing, Lagging, CTD, Poor FPS, Black screen, No Sound
First things first, make sure your PC system meets the minimum requirements for PoxNora. If you’re not sure of your PC specs, check this guide on how to check your PC specs.
PoxNora System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7/ Vista/XP
- Processor: 500 MHz
- Memory: 512mb RAM
- Hard Disk Space: • 220MB Free Hard drive space
- Video Card: Nvidia or ATi Video Card with 64mb (minimum), 128mb (preferred) VRAM with current video drivers.
PoxNora Crash Fix and Fixes to Errors, Freezing, Lagging, CTD, Poor FPS, Black screen, No Sound
Problem #1 PoxNora Crash Fix – Crash to Desktop upon Launch / Startup
If you’re game randomly crashes upon launching the game, ensure or try the following:
- Update your nVidia / ATI graphics drivers. Check our Technical References page for proper and official download links.
- Turn off SLI / Crossfire then start the game. See if it stabilizes game performance.
- Turn off your anti-virus software before launching the game, but make sure you turn it back on after playing. Make sure Windows Defender is also disabled.
- Try using only one GPU first (turn the other one off via your nVidia / ATI graphics control panel)
- Try running the game in Windowed Mode (frequently works for low-end PCs)
- Disable anti-aliasing and filtering
- Disable V-sync
- Disable background apps, and turn off your anti-virus software
- In Windows 7 right-click the PoxNora exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition’
- Run through our list of general fixes, which will most likely resolve your problems
Problem #2 PoxNora Crash Fix – PoxNora Crashes on Intel HD Graphics Card
Simply do a clean uninstall and reinstall of your Intel Graphics Driver. Check our Technical References page for proper and official downloads.
Problem #3 PoxNora Texture Fix – Bad Textures, Texture Breaks, Texture Glitch on gaming laptop
This is only for gaming laptops, but could work for some PCs. Note that this is an advanced solution, and only try this if other basic solutions such as disabling anti-aliasing and filtering failed for you. If your BIOS has the option, disable ‘Switchable Graphics’. This will remove your laptop PC’s ability to automatically switch between the onboard intel graphics card and the nVidia / ATI graphics chip, thus smoothening out gameplay.
Problem #4 PoxNora Crash Fix – For Quad Core and Multi-Core PCs
If you’re on Quad Core, try this fix to address any crash issues:
- Start the game
- Alt+Tab Out of the game
- Open Task Manager
- Right click on PoxNora.exe
- Set Affinity
- Select core 0 and 1 only. You need to run the game on two CPU’s basically, so to avoid the crash to desktop.
Problem #5 PoxNora Controller Fix – Xbox 360 or Other Controller Doesn’t Work
There are two known possible solutions as of writing for this controller bug:
- Manually download and install any PoxNora game patch from the official source instead rather than automatically updating via Steam or any similar game client.
- If you haven’t yet, go to your Windows Control Panel and ensure that the Xbox 360 Controller is enabled. Then, in-game, go to Options > Controls > Customize Controls (or similar menu path) and ensure that the proper controller is selected.
Problem #6 PoxNora Install Error: “PoxNora Install Fails, Cannot Install”
This is a Microsoft C++ bug so the quick fix is to uninstall your C++ files. If you see 2 instances of Microsoft C++, uninstall both of them; and don’t worry, they are easy to reinstall. There are also a couple workarounds online if you don’t want to uninstall them.