Fix PAYDAY The Heist crash problems, no sound, errors, lagging, blue screen / bsod, desktop crash, and others using this list of proven working solutions. You might have noticed that PAYDAY The Heist is currently the top grosser of Steam’s holiday sales, and width it comes a flood of complaints on game crashes and sound issues, among others. Here we are to help again, so make sure you fully run through or list of PAYDAY The Heist fixes posted herein. In case your particular PAYDAY The Heist problem is not solved, kindly post in the comments section so the community can help out.
Fixing PAYDAY The Heist Crashes, Errors, Freezing, Lagging, CTD, Poor FPS, Blue screen, No Sound
First things first, make sure your PC system meets the minimum requirements for PAYDAY The Heist. If you’re not sure of your PC specs, check this guide on how to check your PC specs.
Minimum System Requirements:
- PROCESSOR: P4 3 GHz or Athlon FX-53
- VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA 8800 or ATI x1900
- MEMORY: 1 GB Ram
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7
Recommended System Specs:
- PROCESSOR: Core 2 Duo or Athlon x2
- VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA 260 or ATI 4850
- MEMORY: 2 GB Ram
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7
PAYDAY The Heist Crash Fix and Fixes to Errors, Freezing, Lagging, CTD, Poor FPS, Black screen, No Sound
[UPDATE] Try this proven working fix for PAYDAY The Heist courtesy of GC8V:
If you have a videocard that is not with Nvidia(such as ATI/AMD) then you need the Nvidia PhysX driver 9.09.0408 , rather than the 9.10.0513 provided by Overkill.
- Start –> Control Panel –> Uninstall program –> Nvidia PhysX
- Download Phys Driver 9.09 from http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_9.09.0408_whql.html
Problem #1 PAYDAY The Heist Crash Fix – Crash to Desktop upon Launch / Startup
If you’re game randomly crashes upon launching the game, ensure or try the following:
- Update your nVidia / ATI graphics drivers. Check our Technical References page for proper and official download links.
- Turn off SLI / Crossfire then start the game. See if it stabilizes game performance.
- Turn off your anti-virus software before launching the game, but make sure you turn it back on after playing. Make sure Windows Defender is also disabled.
- Try using only one GPU first (turn the other one off via your nVidia / ATI graphics control panel)
- Try running the game in Windowed Mode (frequently works for low-end PCs)
- Disable anti-aliasing and filtering
- Disable V-sync
- Disable background apps, and turn off your anti-virus software
- In Windows 7 right-click the PAYDAY The Heist exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition’
- Run through our list of general fixes, which will most likely resolve your problems
Problem #2 How To Force PAYDAY The Heist Vsync, AA, FSAA, and CSAA
PAYDAY The Heist doesn’t support Vsync, AA, FSAA, and CSAA so you can only force them using your respective video card control panel. (Nvidia Control Panel or Catalyst Control Center)
Problem #3 PAYDAY The Heist Microphone Fix, Low or No Sound coming out
While on your Windows desktop, simply right-click on the speaker icon in your system tray (bottom right of your screen) and choose ‘playback devices’. Go to the ‘communications’ tab and set it to ‘do nothing’. Your audio should work properly.
Problem #4 PAYDAY The Heist Crash Fix – PAYDAY The Heist Crashes on Intel HD Graphics Card
Simply do a clean uninstall and reinstall of your Intel Graphics Driver. Check our Technical References page for proper and official downloads.
Problem #5 PAYDAY The Heist Texture Fix – Bad Textures, Texture Breaks, Texture Glitch
If you forced Vsync, AA, FSAA, and CSAA using the solution posted earlier, undo it. The texture should like fine afterwards.
Problem #6 PAYDAY The Heist Crash Fix – For Quad Core and Multi-Core PCs
- If you’re on Quad Core, try this fix to address any crash issues:
- Start the game
- Alt+Tab Out of the game
- Open Task Manager
- Right click on PAYDAY The Heist.exe
- Set Affinity
- Select core 0 and 1 only. You need to run the game on two CPU’s basically, so to avoid the crash to desktop.
Problem #8 PAYDAY The Heist Game Freeze Fix – Game Freezes during the Intro Video
If you’re using Steam, a quick solution is to verify the integrity of your Steam game cache to resolve the problem. If it persists, ensure that both your graphics drivers and DirectX are updated. Doing both will mostly reduce the occurrences of PAYDAY The Heist freezing.
Problem #9 PAYDAY The Heist Crash Fix – Game crashes when launching / upon launch
This is a typical DirectX problem. Just update to