We’ve listed working fixes for all Hitman: Absolution crash problems, errors, freezing, lagging, desktop crash, FPS issues, black screen, no sound, and more. If you continue to experience crashes and game issues in Hitman: Absolution, we encourage you to post in the comments section.
Fixing Hitman: Absolution Crashes, Errors, Freezing, Lagging, CTD, Poor FPS, Black screen, No Sound
First things first, make sure your PC system meets the minimum requirements for Hitman: Absolution. If you’re not sure of your PC specs, check this guide on how to check your PC specs.
Hitman: Absolution Crash Fix and Fixes to Errors, Freezing, Lagging, CTD, Poor FPS, Black screen, No Sound
Problem #1 Hitman: Absolution – Cannot Install Hitman: Absolution
Reinstall the game, but please ensure that you’ve fully uninstalled Hitman: Absolution from your PC, before trying to install again. In some cases, you may have to manually delete the Hitman: Absolution installation folder from the PC in case files remain after uninstalling.
Problem #2 Hitman: Absolution Install Error: “Hitman: Absolution Install Fails, Cannot Install”
This is a Microsoft C++ bug so the quick fix is to uninstall your C++ files. If you see 2 instances of Microsoft C++, uninstall both of them; and don’t worry, they are easy to reinstall. There are also a couple workarounds online if you don’t want to uninstall them.
Problem #3 Hitman: Absolution Game Freeze Fix – Game Freezes during the Intro Video
If you’re using Steam, a quick solution is to verify the integrity of your Steam game cache to resolve the problem. If it persists, ensure that both your graphics drivers and DirectX are updated. Doing both will mostly reduce the occurrences of Hitman: Absolution freezing.
Problem #4 Hitman: Absolution Crash Fix – Game crashes when launching / upon launch
This is a typical DirectX problem. Just update to the latest DirectX version and voila. If that doesn’t work, reinstall DirectX completely.
Problem #5 Hitman: Absolution DirectX Fix – Cannot Install Direct X / Stuck at Direct X Installation
More often than not, this has been caused by other software drivers such as those from Logitech, Razer, Microsoft, etc, which normally control other minor peripherals such as your webcam, special programs, and sometimes your mouse. Simply shut them off and disable them, and try updating/installing Direct X again.
Problem #6 Hitman: Absolution Crash Fix – Possible Crash Fix for nVidia users only
Go to Nvidia control panel by right clicking the icon in the taskbar, then manage 3d settings and set ‘Threaded Optimization’ to on.
Problem #7 Hitman: Absolution Crash Fix – Possible Crash Fix for ATI/AMD users only
Uninstall Catalyst Control Center (CCC) and try running Hitman: Absolution again. For some reason, CCC may at times interfere with the performance of Radeon cards.
Problem #8 Hitman: Absolution Crash Fix – Crash to Desktop upon Launch / Startup
If Hitman: Absolution randomly crashes upon launching the game, ensure or try the following:
- Update your nVidia / ATI graphics drivers. Check our Technical References page for proper and official download links.
- Turn off SLI / Crossfire then start the game. See if it stabilizes Hitman: Absolution performance.
- Turn off your anti-virus software before launching the Hitman: Absolution, but make sure you turn it back on after playing. Make sure Windows Defender is also disabled.
- Try using only one GPU first (turn the other one off via your nVidia / ATI graphics control panel)
- Try running the game in Windowed Mode (frequently works for low-end PCs)
- Disable anti-aliasing and filtering, restart Hitman: Absolution
- Disable V-sync, restart Hitman: Absolution
- Disable background apps, and turn off your anti-virus software
- In Windows 7 right-click the Hitman: Absolution exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition’
- Run through our list of general fixes, which will most likely resolve your Hitman: Absolution crash problems
Problem #9 Hitman: Absolution Crash Fix – Hitman: Absolution Crashes right after pressing the ‘Play’ button
In Windows 7 go the Hitman: Absolution installation folder, right-click the Hitman: Absolution exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition.’ Then try running Hitman: Absolution once more.
Problem #10 Hitman: Absolution Launch Crash Fix – Hitman: