Fix all Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) crashes, ip port issues, errors, freezes, fps drops, sound problems, and more on this page. With Valve recently putting out a solid Beta play for gamers world wide, more and more of CSGO game play is being revealed. While that’s all good, an alarming number of crash problems, errors, and bugs seem to surround the game at this point. Until CSGO is officially released, we’re here to help you sort out and solve all those pesky and CSGO problems. Bookmark, Share, or Like this page to keep updated on working fixes for Counter-Strike Global Offensive!
Fixing Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) Crashes, Errors, Server IP Port, Freezing, Lagging, Desktop Crash, Black screen, No Sound
First things first, make sure your PC system meets the minimum requirements for Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO). If you’re not sure of your PC specs, check this guide on how to check your PC specs.
Minimum System Requirements for CS:GO:
- Intel CPU: Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz
- AMD CPU: Athlon 7750 Dual Core
- Nvidia GPU: GeForce GTS 240
- AMD GPU: Radeon HD 3870
- RAM: 3GB
- OS: Windows XP/Vista/7
- Direct X: DX9
- HDD Space: 5GB
(minimum specs to be updated as game nears official launch)
Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) Crash Fix, Errors, Server IP Port, Freezing, Lagging, Desktop Crash, Black screen, No Sound
[UPDATE] Fix for CSGO Lag:
If you keep getting connection problems when playing online, check our new page dedicated for solving lag problems.
Problem #1 Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) Crash Fix – Error “COULDN’T ALLOCATE ANY SERVER IP PORT, TRIED 1 ADDRESSES”
This is a common problem in modern source engine games. To fix it, simply type in the following in console mode then try connecting again:
- clientport 27006
- hostport 27016
- tv_port 27021
Alternatively, if above solution doesn’t work, try these steps:
- Go to Steam’s My games menu
- Right-click on the game you wish to play
- Go to Properties
- From the General tab, click on the Set launch options button
- Add a different client port number on each machine between 27005 and 27032 in the following format:
- +clientport 270XX (I’m assuming you can input any two numbers for XX)
- Note: Do not use 27020
- Click OK
Problem #2 Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) Startup Crash – Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) Crashes when starting the game
Try the following procedure:
- Backup your ‘steamapps’ folder
- Do a clean reinstall of Steam (make sure the entire Steam folder is removed)
- Copy back over your ‘steamapps’ folder (replace the entire folder)
- Verify the integrity of Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) before launching it for first time. To do this on Steam, right-click Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache
- Start the game
NOTE: As long as you backup your steamapps folder, you need not worry about having to re-download all of your games. You just need to run a Verify Integrity of Game Cache on each of them to ensure that they run properly when you boot them up again.
Problem #3 Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) Crash Fix – Crash to Desktop upon Launch / Startup
If you’re game randomly crashes upon launching the game, ensure or try the following:
- Update your nVidia / ATI graphics drivers. Check our Technical References page for download links.
- Turn off SLI / Crossfire
- Turn off your anti-virus software before launching the game, but make sure you turn it back on after playing.
- Try using only one GPU first (turn the other one off via your graphics control panel)
- Try running the game in Windowed Mode (usually works for low-end PCs)
- Disable anti-aliasing and filtering
- Disable V-sync
- Disable background apps, and turn off your anti-virus software
- Run through our list of general fixes, which will most likely resolve your problems
Problem #4 Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) Crash Fix – For Quad Core PCs
- If you’re on Quad Core, try this fix to address any crash issues:
- Start the game
- Alt+Tab Out of the game
- Open Task Manager
- Right click on Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO).exe
- Set Affinity
- Select core 0 and 1 only. You need to run the game on two CPU’s basically, so to avoid the crash to desktop.
Problem #5 Counter-Strike Global Offensive
(CSGO) Voice Fix – Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) Audio Fix
This is a really annoying but easy-to-fix bug. Simply go to the Main Menu > Options > Audio > and click “English”.
Problem #6 Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) Install Error: “Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) Install Fails, Cannot Install”
This is a Microsoft C++ bug so the quick fix is to uninstall your C++ files. If you see 2 instances of Microsoft C++, uninstall both of them; and don’t worry, they are easy to reinstall. There are also a couple workarounds online if you don’t want to uninstall them.
Problem #7 Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) Game Freeze Fix – Game Freezes during the Intro Video
If you’re using Steam, a quick solution is to verify the integrity of your Steam game cache to resolve the problem. If it persists, ensure that both your graphics drivers and DirectX are updated. Doing both will mostly reduce the occurrences of Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) freezing.
Problem #8 Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) Crash Fix – Game crashes when launching / upon launch
This is a typical DirectX problem. Just update to the latest DirectX version and voila. If that doesn’t work, reinstall DirectX completely.
Problem #9 Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) Graphics Fix – Cannot see main menu, Menu crashes, Dual monitor problems
A common problem when playing on multiple screens. For now, the solution is to unplug other monitors and play on single screen. If that doesn’t work, try playing in windowed mode.
Problem #10 Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) Crash Fix – nVidia Optimus Crashes the Game
If you’re using a newer laptop that’s using an nVidia Optimus card, try checking your Optimus settings.
- Open the “nVidia Control Panel” from your start menu.
- On the lefthand side, under “Select a task…”
- Open the “3D Settings” tree, and select “Manage 3D Settings”
- On the righthand panel, click the “Program Settings” tab.
- Under “1. Select a program…”, click “Add”, navigate to your installation folder and navigate to the application / exe file.
- Under “2. Select the preferred graphics…”, choose “High-performance NVIDIA processor”
- Then (VERY IMPORTANT!) click “Apply” in the bottom right.
- Launch the game.
Problem #11 Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) Sound / Audio Fix – No sound or weak sound
For Windows 7 and Vista users:
First of all, update your sound card drivers. If doing that doesn’t clear up the problem, make sure you have volume set to max for Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) in the volume mixer (click on the little speaker icon in the bottom-right of your screen in the system tray). If you’re in-game, just alt+tab out of the game and check if Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) is set to max in the volume mixer.
Another tip you could try is to go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Communications Tab then select the “Do Nothing” radio button to permanently fix this issue.
For Windows XP users:
Reduce hardware acceleration, or set your speakers to Stereo.
Problem #12 Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) Mouse Fix – Reverse / weird mouse acceleration problem
To quickly fix this, try shutting off your mouse-specific software from Logitech, Microsoft, Razer, and the like. Also try a lower polling rate, sometimes this is switchable on the bottom-side of the gaming mouse.
Problem #13 Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) FPS Fix – Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) Lags, freezes, or has poor FPS performance
Disable vsync and antialiasing on the game’s exe file after enable/force antialiasing on AMD Vision Engine Control Center (AMD/ATI) or Nvidia Control Panel (nVidia), finally enable/force tripple buffering and vsync on D3DOverrider. Check our technical references page to download D3DOverrirder / RivaTuner.
Alternatively, press CTRL + ALT + DELETE to bring up the Task Manager, go to processes, select the game’s respective exe file and set priority above normal or higher. You must do this everytime you play the game.
In addition, your anti-virus may be the problem here. There are certain anti-virus software that are not ideal for gaming so, check our technical references page for some suggestions.
Finally make sure that your internet connection is stable. This is a commonly overlooked problem.
Problem #14 Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) – Cannot Install Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO)
Please ensure that you’ve uninstalled Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) from your PC, then try again.
Problem #15 Yours! Post your Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) game issues in the comments section below.
That’s all the
Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) crash fixes we have for now, but we’ll post more as soon as we get more information — Let us know if you’re encountering other Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) problems and we can help you out in the comments / forum section below.