Fix all Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) crashes, ip port issues, errors, freezes, fps drops, sound problems, and more on this page. With Valve recently putting out a solid Beta play for gamers world wide, more and more of CSGO game play is being revealed. While that’s all good, an alarming number of crash problems, errors, and bugs seem to surround the game at this point. Until CSGO is officially released, we’re here to help you sort out and solve all those pesky and CSGO problems. Bookmark, Share, or Like this page to keep updated on working fixes for Counter-Strike Global Offensive!
Fixing Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) Crashes, Errors, Server IP Port, Freezing, Lagging, Desktop Crash, Black screen, No Sound
First things first, make sure your PC system meets the minimum requirements for Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO). If you’re not sure of your PC specs, check this guide on how to check your PC specs.
Minimum System Requirements for CS:GO:
- Intel CPU: Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz
- AMD CPU: Athlon 7750 Dual Core
- Nvidia GPU: GeForce GTS 240
- AMD GPU: Radeon HD 3870
- RAM: 3GB
- OS: Windows XP/Vista/7
- Direct X: DX9
- HDD Space: 5GB
(minimum specs to be updated as game nears official launch)
Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) Crash Fix, Errors, Server IP Port, Freezing, Lagging, Desktop Crash, Black screen, No Sound
[UPDATE] Fix for CSGO Lag:
If you keep getting connection problems when playing online, check our new page dedicated for solving lag problems.
Problem #1 Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) Crash Fix – Error “COULDN’T ALLOCATE ANY SERVER IP PORT, TRIED 1 ADDRESSES”
This is a common problem in modern source engine games. To fix it, simply type in the following in console mode then try connecting again:
- clientport 27006
- hostport 27016
- tv_port 27021
Alternatively, if above solution doesn’t work, try these steps:
- Go to Steam’s My games menu
- Right-click on the game you wish to play
- Go to Properties
- From the General tab, click on the Set launch options button
- Add a different client port number on each machine between 27005 and 27032 in the following format:
- +clientport 270XX (I’m assuming you can input any two numbers for XX)
- Note: Do not use 27020
- Click OK
Problem #2 Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) Startup Crash – Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) Crashes when starting the game
Try the following procedure:
- Backup your ‘steamapps’ folder
- Do a clean reinstall of Steam (make sure the entire Steam folder is removed)
- Copy back over your ‘steamapps’ folder (replace the entire folder)
- Verify the integrity of Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) before launching it for first time. To do this on Steam, right-click Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache
- Start the game
NOTE: As long as you backup your steamapps folder, you need not worry about having to re-download all of your games. You just need to run a Verify Integrity of Game Cache on each of them to ensure that they run properly when you boot them up again.
Problem #3 Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) Crash Fix – Crash to Desktop upon Launch / Startup
If you’re game randomly crashes upon launching the game, ensure or try the following:
- Update your nVidia / ATI graphics drivers. Check our Technical References page for download links.
- Turn off SLI / Crossfire
- Turn off your anti-virus software before launching the game, but make sure you turn it back on after playing.
- Try using only one GPU first (turn the other one off via your graphics control panel)
- Try running the game in Windowed Mode (usually works for low-end PCs)
- Disable anti-aliasing and filtering
- Disable V-sync
- Disable background apps, and turn off your anti-virus software
- Run through our list of general fixes, which will most likely resolve your problems
Problem #4 Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO) Crash Fix – For Quad Core PCs
- If you’re on Quad Core, try this fix to address any crash issues:
- Start the game
- Alt+Tab Out of the game
- Open Task Manager
- Right click on Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO).exe
- Set Affinity
- Select core 0 and 1 only. You need to run the game on two CPU’s basically, so to avoid the crash to desktop.