- certain anti-virus software that are not ideal for gaming so, check our Technical References page for some suggestions.
- If you’re still using Windows XP, upgrade to Windows 7. Honestly, a lot of users have attested this to be the fastest solution they’ve tried.
- For more advanced users, try enabling/forcing tripple buffering and V-sync using the D3DOverrider software. Check our Technical References page to download D3DOverrirder / RivaTuner.
- Finally make sure that your Internet connection is stable. This is a commonly overlooked problem especially for online modes / multiplayer games.
Problem #19 Assassin’s Creed 3 Crash Fix – Other possible causes of crashing
- Make sure you GPU is cool enough and not overheating. Assassin’s Creed 3 may at times use heavy GPU, so make sure you have good airflow, and that your card is running quietly. Try lowering the resolution or changing quality settings. Symptoms of an overheated card include the following: random crashes, random ‘glitches’ , FPS drastically drops down to 2 or 3 FPS, freezing, and locking up during graphically intensive moments.
- Make sure you have a decent power supply. If you have a decent graphics card, you need a power supply that can run it. 350 watts may not be enough to consistently run Assassin’s Creed 3. A recommended power supply should have a minimum of 600 watts, with a direct connection to the GPU (no splitting and ‘sharing’ connections with other devices). Many times random crashes are due only to insufficient power supply.
Problem #20 Assassin’s Creed 3 – Cannot Install Assassin’s Creed 3
Reinstall the game, but please ensure that you’ve fully uninstalled Assassin’s Creed 3 from your PC, before trying to install again. In some cases, you may have to manually delete the Assassin’s Creed 3 installation folder from the PC in case files remain after uninstalling.
Problem #X Yours! Post your Assassin’s Creed 3 game issues in the comments section below.
That’s all the Assassin’s Creed 3 crash fixes we have for now, but we’ll post more as soon as we get more information — Let us know if you’re encountering other Assassin’s Creed 3 problems and we can help you out by participating in the comments / forum section below.