uninstall your C++ files. If you see 2 instances of Microsoft C++, uninstall both of them; and don’t worry, they are easy to reinstall. There are also a couple workarounds online if you don’t want to uninstall them.
Problem #9 Assassin’s Creed 3 Game Freeze Fix – Game Freezes during the Intro Video
If you’re using Steam, a quick solution is to verify the integrity of your Steam game cache to resolve the problem. If it persists, ensure that both your graphics drivers and DirectX are updated. Doing both will mostly reduce the occurrences of Assassin’s Creed 3 freezing.
Problem # Assassin’s Creed 3 Crash Fix – Game crashes when launching / upon launch
This is a typical DirectX problem. Just update to the latest DirectX version and voila. If that doesn’t work, reinstall DirectX completely.
Problem #10 Assassin’s Creed 3 DirectX Fix – Cannot Install Direct X / Stuck at Direct X Installation
More often than not, this has been caused by other software drivers such as those from Logitech, Razer, Microsoft, etc, which normally control other minor peripherals such as your webcam, special programs, and sometimes your mouse. Simply shut them off and disable them, and try updating/installing Direct X again.
Problem #11 Assassin’s Creed 3 Crash Fix – Possible Crash Fix for nVidia users only
Go to Nvidia control panel by right clicking the icon in the taskbar, then manage 3d settings and set ‘Threaded Optimization’ to on.
Problem #12 Assassin’s Creed 3 Crash Fix – Possible Crash Fix for ATI/AMD users only
Uninstall Catalyst Control Center (CCC) and try running Assassin’s Creed 3 again. For some reason, CCC may at times interfere with the performance of Radeon cards.
Problem #13 Assassin’s Creed 3 Graphics Fix – Cannot see main menu, Menu crashes, Dual monitor problems
A common problem when playing on multiple screens. For now, the solution is to unplug other monitors and play on single screen. If that doesn’t work, try playing in windowed mode.
Problem #14 Assassin’s Creed 3 Crash Fix – nVidia Optimus Crashes the Game
If you’re using a newer laptop that’s using an nVidia Optimus card, try checking your Optimus settings.
- Open the “nVidia Control Panel” from your start menu.
- On the lefthand side, under “Select a task…”
- Open the “3D Settings” tree, and select “Manage 3D Settings”
- On the righthand panel, click the “Program Settings” tab.
- Under “1. Select a program…”, click “Add”, navigate to your installation folder and navigate to the application / exe file.
- Under “2. Select the preferred graphics…”, choose “High-performance NVIDIA processor”
- Then (VERY IMPORTANT!) click “Apply” in the bottom right.
- Launch the game.
Problem #15 Assassin’s Creed 3 Launch Fix – Cannot launch the Game
A common fix is clicking on the Assassin’s Creed 3 exe file straight from the installation folder rather than from any launcher/client.
Problem #16 Assassin’s Creed 3 Sound / Audio Fix – No sound or weak sound
For Windows 7 and Vista users:
First of all, update your sound card drivers. If doing that doesn’t clear up the problem, make sure you have volume set to max for Assassin’s Creed 3 in the volume mixer (click on the little speaker icon in the bottom-right of your screen in the system tray). If you’re in-game, just alt+tab out of the game and check if Assassin’s Creed 3 is set to max in the volume mixer.
Another tip you could try is to go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Communications Tab then select the “Do Nothing” radio button to permanently fix this issue.
For Windows XP users:
Reduce hardware acceleration, or set your speakers to Stereo.
Problem #17 Assassin’s Creed 3 Mouse Fix – Reverse / weird mouse acceleration problem
To quickly fix this, try shutting off your mouse-specific software from Logitech, Microsoft, Razer, and the like. Also try a lower polling rate, sometimes this is switchable on the bottom-side of the gaming mouse.
Problem #18 Assassin’s Creed 3 FPS Fix – Assassin’s Creed 3 Lags, freezes, or has poor FPS performance
Try these possible solutions:
- Usually you can prevent Assassin’s Creed 3 from lagging or freezing by disabling vsync and antialiasing on the Assassin’s Creed 3’s exe file via the AMD Vision Engine Control Center (AMD/ATI) or Nvidia Control Panel (nVidia)
- Alternatively you can stop Assassin’s Creed 3 from lagging via your PC task manager. In Windows 7, press CTRL + ALT + DELETE and click on Task Manager, go to Processes, then right-click on Assassin’s Creed 3’s respective exe file and set priority above normal or higher. You must do this every time you play the game.
- In addition, your anti-virus may be the problem here. There are