Looking for proper FIFA 12 crash fix solutions? This is a good place to start. After a few solid weeks of demo play, FIFA 12 has finally been released to the US market, and slowly to EU and Asia. Not much different from the demo, a lot of users are complaining about control issues, freezing, lags, and stuttering, on top of the usual black screen and desktop crashes.
FIFA 12 Crash Fix and Fixes to Errors, Freezing, Crash to Desktop, Control Issues, FPS Lags
FIFA 12 shouldn’t be too hard on your PC system, but make sure you at least meet or exceed the following minimum system requirements:
- CPU with Dual core processor (Core duo 2 or better), Intel Core2Duo @ 1.8Ghz
- 1 Gigabyte of RAM (2 GB required for Windows® Vista / Windows® 7)
- ATI Radeon™ HD 3600, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT, Intel’s Sandy Bridge (HD Graphics 2000) and Ivy Bridge (HD Graphics 3000)
- DirectX® 9.0c Compatible 3D accelerated 256 MB video card or equivalent (must support Shader Model 3.0 or above)
- DirectX® 9.0c
- Windows® XP SP2, Windows® Vista, Windows® 7
- Approximately 8 GB hard drive space (Depending on the language chosen)
- DirectX® 9.0c Compatible Sound Card
- 32 bit **
- DVD-ROM drive
- 512Kbps or greater broadband connection for online gameplay
- MS compatible mouse, Keyboard
- Note: * Note that Windows® 95, Windows® 98, Windows® 2000, Windows® ME, and Windows® NT 4.0 are not supported. ** Please note that 16 bit color is not supported
Fixing FIFA 12 Crashes, Freezes, Errors, Crash to Desktop, FPS Lags, and more
[UPDATE] Fix for FIFA 12 Lag:
If you keep getting connection problems when playing online, check our new page dedicated for solving lag problems.
Problem #1 – Cannot Install FIFA 12
Please ensure that you’ve uninstalled FIFA 11 from your PC, then try again.
Problem #2 – Game crashes on the FIFA 12 welcome screen
Unplug your generic controller since FIFA 12 doesn’t support generic controllers, then start the game. No worries, this is a very common issue.
Problem #3 – Workaround: How to play with generic controllers
Go to Start-> Run-> type regedit-> HKEY_CURRENT_USER->System->CurrentControlSet->Control->MediaProperties->PrivateProperties->Joystick->OEM-> and there in some of the three folders you should find a file called OEMName->Right Click on it -> Modify.. ->Rename USB Gamepad to ” Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2 ” . After download this Xbox 360 controller files and paste them in your main FIFA 12 folder (Download Here).
Problem #4 – Workaround: How to play FIFA 12 with classic keyboard controls
Make sure you haven’t uninstalled FIFA 11 just yet in order to do this. Go to ‘My Documents’->FIFA 11, and copy buttonDATAsetup.ini file into my documents FIFA 12 folder.
Problem #5 – FIFA 12 Lags, freezes, or has poor FPS performance
- Lag Fix: Disable vsync and antialiasing on fifaconfig.exe after enable/force antialiasing on AMD Vision Engine Control Center (AMD/ATI) or Nvidia Control Panel (nVidia),finally enable/force tripple buffering and vsync on D3DOverrider (Download Here)
- Lag Fix Alterntive: Start FIFA 12, CTRL + ALT + DELETE , go to processes, select fifa.exe and set priority above normal or higher.You must do this everytime you play the game.
- Always check the latest drivers for you graphic card.
Problem 6# FIFA 12 fix for nVidia Performance Issues
If you’re an nVidia user, you were probably too excited about the Battlefield 3 Beta drivers and installed them. So, just rollback the drivers to the previous stable version and FIFA 12 should run fine.
Problem #7 – FIFA 12 freezes when downloading Game Face
A really cool feature, but for most it crashes when you reach 5%. To fix this just go to My FIFA 12 -> Profile -> Delete and delete the Game Face file. Restart the game and try downloading again. It should smoothly download now.
Problem #8 – FIFA 12 Hangs / Freezes when using Xbox 360 Controllers
This is caused by a common Xbox 360 controller driver bug. Just reinstall the Xbox 360 controller drivers and you should experience smoother gameplay without any freezing.
Problem #9 – FIFA 12 Sound / Audio Commentary Bug
Go to your Windows sound options in the control panel / mixer and set it to stereo. It should quickly fix any audio problems you’re having.
Should you have any questions or concerns with the crash fix solutions to get FIFA 12 up and running, please post in the comments section below and we’ll try to help you out!