This is an in-development page of Diablo 3 fixes for crashes, freezes, and errors which will be regularly updated as the game is launched worldwide. (UPDATE: FIXES ALSO WORK ON DIABLO 3 RETAIL VERSION) With the much anticipated worldwide release of Diablo 3 fans of the franchise are already having headaches from multiple game-breaking bugs and crashes. It’s a good thing that Blizzard is on their toes ready to fix any issues that arise, but nevertheless it wouldn’t hurt to run through the list below to prepare for possible crashes. Without further ado…
Fixing Diablo 3 Crashes, Freezes, Blackscreen, Errors, and Poor FPS
First things first! Make sure your PC system meets the following requirements. If you don’t know how to check your PC system requirements check our guide on how to check your PC specs.
DIABLO 3 MINIMUM SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS
- OS: Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 (Latest Service Packs) with DirectX® 9.0c
- Processor: Intel Pentium® D 2.8 GHz or AMD AthlonTM 64 X2 4400+
- Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or better
- OS: Mac® OS X 10.6.8 or newer | Processor: Intel® Core 2 Duo
- Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT or ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 or better
- HD Space: 12 GB available HD space | Memory: 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista®/
- Windows® 7 users, 2 GB for Mac® users) | Drive: DVD-ROM drive | Internet: Broadband Internet
- connection | Display: 1024×768 minimum display resolution
(Note: Be advised that some wireless connections do not meet the minimums required to be a true Broadband Internet connecton. Wireless results may vary.)
DIABLO 3 RECOMMENDED SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS
- OS: Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 (Latest Service Packs) | Processor: Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
- or AMD AthlonTM 64 X2 5600+ 2.8 GHz | Memory: 2 GB RAM | Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® 260 or
- ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 or better
- OS: Mac® OS X 10.7 or newer | Processor: Intel® Core 2 Duo | Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M or ATI Radeon™ HD 4670 or better
Diablo 3 Crash Fix and Fixes to Errors, “Has stopped working”, Cannot Install, Tome Error, Error 108, Error 3014
Problem #1 Diablo 3 Crash Fix – Diablo 3 randomly crashes / blackscreens / freezes
If Diablo 3 randomly crashes upon launching the game, ensure or try the following:
- Update your nVidia / ATI graphics drivers. Check our Technical References page for proper and official download links.
- Turn off SLI / Crossfire then start the game. See if it stabilizes Diablo 3 performance.
- Turn off your anti-virus software before launching the Diablo 3, but make sure you turn it back on after playing. Make sure Windows Defender is also disabled.
- Try using only one GPU first (turn the other one off via your nVidia / ATI graphics control panel)
- Try running the game in Windowed Mode (frequently works for low-end PCs)
- Disable anti-aliasing and filtering, restart Diablo 3
- Disable V-sync, restart Diablo 3
- Disable background apps, and turn off your anti-virus software
- In Windows 7 right-click the Diablo 3 exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition’
- Run through our list of general fixes, which will most likely resolve your Diablo 3 crash problems
Problem #2 Diablo 3 Bug Fix – Profile is Wrong/Incorrect
This may be an older bug. If ever this still occurs, try to reboot and run Diablo 3 again as a quick workaround fix.
Problem #3 Diablo 3 Crash Fix – Error 24000
No resolution at the moment, but will be resolved via a patch.
Problem #4 Diablo 3 Bug Fix – Cannot Download Diablo 3
You need to quickly click on Downloader Preferences then turn on Peer to Peer downloading.
Problem #5 Diablo 3 Graphics Crash Fix – nVidia / ATI graphics card overheats
Please update your graphics card driver to the latest version. Some would also