Here is a working list of crash fix solutions for Dead Rising 2 Off The Record (OTR). An Interesting installment to the franchise, Off The Record is an alternate or parallel storyline to the much loved Dead Rising 2 sequel. DR2 OTR offers a different interpretation to the storyline of DR2, which is pretty awesome. Anyhow, knowing that is useless if you can’t get the game running right? So let us help you out with our tested fixes for crashes and other errors. Here we go:
First things first! Make sure your PC can run Dead Rising 2 Off The Record (OTR):
Minimum System Requirements
- OS: Windows XP/Vista/7
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4 Ghz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+
- Memory: 2 Gb
- Hard Drive: 8.5 Gb free
- Video Memory: 512 Mb
- Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD 3850
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
- Network: Internet Connection for Activation
- DirectX: 9.0c
Fixing Dead Rising 2 Off The Record (OTR) Crashes, Freezes, GFWL problems, Poor Performance, Lags, Startup Crashes
Problem #1 – Dead Rising 2 Off The Record (OTR) Crash Fix: Crashes Immediately Upon Launching / Startup
Try one or a combination of the following:
- Verify your Steam game cache.
- Manually download and install Games for Windows Live (GFWL) from here: http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Download/ . Try to run the game first before updating GFWL.
- Copy the pre-GWFL activation Dead Rising 2 Off The Record folder from drive H: to drive C: and the game should authenticate & launch. In case you do not have a drive C:, try creating a virtual drive by following the instructions here: http://windows.crashfixes.com/how-to-create-a-virtual-hard-drive-on-windows-7/ then copy the game folder there.
- Try this fix from Mafiozo from the Steam forums:
If you’re on Windows 7, there could be a solution for you: Go to: Control Panel -> Sound -> Speakers -> Advanced. there, Try decreasing your sound quality to 24 bit, 48000 Hz. solved the problem to lots of people. Capcom games seem to have problems with audio quality, not sure about how much it affects the game itself. think this is also applicable on vista.
Problem #2 – Dead Rising 2 Off The Record (OTR) Crash Fix: DR2 OTR will not restart / start again
If Dead Rising 2 Off The Record won’t start after shutting it off for the first few times, try this:
Go to Documents/My Games// and deleted the rendergraphics.ini or something to that effect, its the only .ini file in the folder. Start the game afterwards and it should work.
Problem #3 – Dead Rising 2 Off The Record (OTR) Performance Fix: Slow FPS, Slow Performance, Lags
This is a known problem since the original game and the quick and dirty solution is to use and Xbox 360 controller instead of your mouse.
Problem #4 – Dead Rising 2 Off The Record (OTR) Bug Fix: Will Not Save
A most annoying problem, cause really, why play games when it won’t save your progress, right? To fix this, the answer is very obvious though: On Steam, go to Library, select Dead Rising 2 Off The Record, and on right side under links hit CD key and enter it when the game asks for the code.
Now now, don’t be ashamed, this happens to many!
Problem #5 – Dead Rising 2 Off The Record Save Games Location
Now that you can save your games, another issue for some is where to find those save games. Simple, they’re just at:
Problem #6 – Dead Rising 2 Off The Record (OTR) GFWL Fix: Games for Windows Live (GFWL) Cannot connect to Service
Just reinstall the GFWL:
- Uninstall GFWL
- Restart your PC to clear excess registries on Windows
- Download the latest GFWL version from: http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Download/
- Install GFWL
- Don’t update yet, try running the game first and see if it works.
Problem #7 – Dead Rising 2 Off The Record (OTR) Bug Fix: Cannot run in Windowed mode
We’ve been used to pressing Alt+Enter to switch to windowed mode when playing games on a Windows 7. If that doesn’t work, you will need a third party software such as DXWND-MS to run it
Problem #8 – Dead Rising 2 Off The Record (OTR) Crash Fix: Random Crashes and Crash to Desktop (CTD), Blackscreens and Freezes
If crashes, random blackscreens and freezes still plague you despite the above tips, run through the following hotfixes:
- Update your nVidia / ATI graphics drivers
- Turn off SLI / Crossfire
- Try using only one GPU first (turn the other one off via your grpahics control panel)
- Disable anti-aliasing and filtering
- Disable V-sync
- Disable background apps, and turn off your anti-virus software
- Run through our list of general fixes, which will most likely resolve your problems
That’s my quick list for DR2 OTR crash fix solutions — Should you encounter other crash issues for Dead Rising 2 Off The Record (OTR), let us know in the comments box below and we’ll try to help!