Fix all Civ 5 Gods & Kings crash problems, out of memory errors, freezing, lagging, failed to launch, DirectX error, FPS issues, black screen, no sound, and more with this list of user-contributed solutions. Civ 5 Gods & Kings is the highly anticipated expansion for Civilization 5, featuring some of the best game features from the previous Civlization titles. For example, religion and espionage have been put back in the game which provides a whole new dimension in gameplay, particularly encouraging highly-competitive scenarios. Pure awesomeness, right? While we Civ fans are truly thankful to Firaxis for these additions, game-breaking bugs and crashes seem to plague Civ 5 Gods & Kings, which is a bit frustrating. To help you out, our readers have compiled a list of fixes for Civ 5 Gods & Kings which you can try. Read on!
Fixing Civ 5 Gods & Kings Crashes, Out of Memory Errors, Freezing, Lagging, Failed to Launch, Direct X Error, Black screen, No Sound
First things first, make sure your PC system meets the minimum requirements for Civ 5 Gods & Kings. If you’re not sure of your PC specs, check this guide on how to check your PC specs.
Civ 5 Gods & Kings Minimum RequirementsCPU:
- Intel Core2 Duo @ 1.8GHz / AMD Athlon X2 64 @ 2.0GHz
- Memory: 2.0GB
- Video Card: nVidia GeForce 7900GS / ATi HD2600 XT / Intel Core i3 integrated graphics
- DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
Civ 5 Gods & Kings Recommended Requirements:
- CPU: Quad-core processor @ 1.8GHz
- Memory: 4.0GB
- Video Card: nVidia GeForce 9800 / ATi 4800
- DirectX: DirectX 11
- So don’t think that being a strategy based game, it can run on laptops integrated chips. Only core i3 and i5 integrated graphic cards are supported by the game.
Civ 5 Gods & Kings Crash Fix and Fixes to Errors, Freezing, Lagging, CTD, Poor FPS, Black screen, No Sound, Unable to load DLL file, Out of Memory, Out of Range, Failed to Launch, Direct X Error, Can’t Save
Problem #1 Civ 5 Gods & Kings Crash Fix – Crash to Desktop upon Launch / Startup
If Civ 5 Gods & Kings randomly crashes upon launching the game, ensure or try the following:
- Update your nVidia / ATI graphics drivers. Check our Technical References page for proper and official download links.
- Turn off SLI / Crossfire then start the game. See if it stabilizes Civ 5 Gods & Kings performance.
- Turn off your anti-virus software before launching the Civ 5 Gods & Kings, but make sure you turn it back on after playing. Make sure Windows Defender is also disabled.
- Try using only one GPU first (turn the other one off via your nVidia / ATI graphics control panel)
- Try running the game in Windowed Mode (frequently works for low-end PCs)
- Disable anti-aliasing and filtering, restart Civ 5 Gods & Kings
- Disable V-sync, restart Civ 5 Gods & Kings
- Disable background apps, and turn off your anti-virus software
- In Windows 7 right-click the Civ 5 Gods & Kings exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition’
- Run through our list of general fixes, which will most likely resolve your Civ 5 Gods & Kings crash problems
Problem #2 Civ 5 Gods & Kings Crash Fix – Civ 5 Gods & Kings Crashes right after pressing the ‘Play’ button
In Windows 7 go the Civ 5 Gods & Kings installation folder, right-click the Civ 5 Gods & Kings exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition.’ Then try running Civ 5 Gods & Kings once more.
Problem #3 Civ 5 Gods & Kings Launch Crash Fix – Civ 5 Gods & Kings “Could not load image”
Go to the Civ 5 Gods & Kings installation folder and look for the Civ 5 Gods & Kings .exe file and run it directly from there, rather than using the shortcut or client link.
Problem #4 Civ 5 Gods & Kings Crash Fix – Civ 5 Gods & Kings Crashes on Intel HD Graphics Card
Simply do a clean uninstall and reinstall of your Intel Graphics Driver. Check our Technical References page for proper and official downloads.
Problem #5 Civ 5 Gods & Kings Texture Fix – Bad Textures, Texture Breaks, Texture Glitch on gaming laptop
This is only for gaming laptops, but could work for some PCs. Note that this is an advanced solution, and only try this if other basic solutions such as