Fix all ArmA 2 Day Z crash problems, errors, glitches, freezing, lagging, desktop crash, FPS issues, black screen, no sound, and more with this list of user-contributed solutions. Millions of gamers all over the world are now insanely engrossed in the latest zombie apocalypse Mod for the military simulator Arma 2, called “Day Z.” The Mod is actually helping ArmA 2 sell like hotcakes recently. While awesome, the game Mod is reaaaally buggy at the moment — so hang tight and read through this hotfix list to get past all the crashes, errors, and glitches. We encourage everyone to post comments so we could help out as much as possible.
Fixing ArmA 2 Day Z Crashes, Errors, Freezing, Lagging, CTD, Poor FPS, Black screen, No Sound
First things first, make sure your PC system meets the minimum requirements for ArmA 2 Day Z. If you’re not sure of your PC specs, check this guide on how to check your PC specs.
ArmA 2 Day Z Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP or Windows Vista
- Processor: Intel Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz
- Memory: 1GB
- Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 8600GT or ATI Radeon 3650 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 512 MB VRAM
- DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 10 GB free space
ArmA 2 Day Z Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7
- Processor: Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4 or faster
- Memory: 2GB
- Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM
- DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 20 GB free space
ArmA 2 Day Z Crash Fix and Fixes to Errors, Freezing, Lagging, CTD, Poor FPS, Black screen, No Sound
Problem #1 ArmA 2 Day Z Keeps crashing when joining server or loading the game:
Try this list of compiled known solutions from all over the web. If these don’t work, please proceed reading to check if a better solution can help you. We also encourage you to post your issues in the comments sections for some community love.
- Delete this dll file (make sure you keep a backup) and run the game: Program Files (x86)/Bohemia Interactive/ArmA 2/Expansion/beta/dll/tbb4malloc_bi.dll
- Put graphics to the lowest settings. Leave memory to default and set shadows to high, put the rest on normal.
- If you’ve overclocked your GPU, or have a factory overclock then get Rivatuner and try pulling that back to stock speeds. If you aren’t overclocked, then try pulling your GPU back just a bit from stock and see what happens.
- Single display mode – Go into your nVidia control panel and switch it from nVidia recommended (multi display) to single display mode in the 3d management section. Admittedly this might be an issue if you run more than one display.
Problem #2 ArmA 2 Day Z Downloaded Beta Patch won’t run:
Follow these steps:
- Go to Program Files (x86)/Bohemia Interactive/ArmA 2/ and find “Launch Arma 2 Beta Patch.” Use that to launch the game after you put your mods in the init line
- If you dont have that icon then, create a shortcut using Six Updater. To do so create a new preset by right clicking the preset area on the left and selecting “Create New Preset”.
- Under the mods tab, find the mods you want and right click them, selecting “Add To Preset.
- Once you have all the mods in the preset (Including Beta Patch), the right click the preset and select “Create Shortcut with Execute and Shutdown.This will create a shortcut on your desktop that you can use to launch the game.
Problem #3 ArmA 2 Day Z – Cannot Install ArmA 2 Day Z
Reinstall the game, but please ensure that you’ve fully uninstalled ArmA 2 Day Z from your PC, before trying to install again. In some cases, you may have to manually delete the ArmA 2 Day Z installation folder from the PC in case files remain after uninstalling.
Problem #4 ArmA 2 Day Z Install Error: “ArmA 2 Day Z Install Fails, Cannot Install”
This is a Microsoft C++ bug so the quick fix is to uninstall your C++ files. If you see 2 instances of Microsoft C++, uninstall both of them; and don’t worry, they are easy to reinstall. There are also a couple workarounds online if you don’t want to uninstall them.
Problem #5 ArmA 2 Day Z Game Freeze Fix – Game Freezes during the Intro Video
If you’re using Steam, a quick solution is to verify the integrity of your Steam game cache to resolve the problem. If it persists, ensure that both your graphics drivers and DirectX are updated. Doing both will mostly reduce the occurrences of ArmA 2 Day Z freezing.
Problem #6 ArmA 2 Day Z Crash Fix – Game crashes when launching / upon launch
This is a typical DirectX